OT: - Gottlieb and Marbury Twitter war | The Boneyard

OT: Gottlieb and Marbury Twitter war

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I didn't know Gottlieb was 11th all time in the NCAA for assists.

I usually think he's a dweeb, but his point is pretty valid. NYC has what, Kemba right now in the league?

Reaction Score
Gottlieb takes every opportunity to remind everyone that he was at some high school summer camp and Chauncey Billops or something was his room mate. Like that was the height of his basketball career. Always struck me as that kid who would hang around your friend group, mostly ignored and didn’t really belong, and would pipe up every now and then like he belonged, and it would be weird and annoying. I have a feeling the majority of these old stars that he used to associate with didn’t care for him.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Gottlieb takes every opportunity to remind everyone that he was at some high school summer camp and Chauncey Billops or something was his room mate. Like that was the height of his basketball career. Always struck me as that kid who would hang around your friend group, mostly ignored and didn’t really belong, and would pipe up every now and then like he belonged, and it would be weird and annoying. I have a feeling the majority of these old stars that he used to associate with didn’t care for him.

There is a reason twitter nobodies are defending him. He could have made a comparison or something but to outright say NYC doesn't have the talent makes zero sense.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Who does? Gottlieb is an annoying tool. He's got the personality of a bleeding hemorrhoid.

Reaction Score
Gonna side with Davis and company on this one, doug is a tool and is wrong here too.

Reaction Score
You need to separate the message from the messenger. He may be a tool; he is not wrong. We have guys attacking him because they were better than him 25 years ago, which is slightly off base. We have a poster here pointing to a guy who played HS ball in NYC in the 60s.

I think the point was that NYC IS (not was) overrated. It does not appear to be the hotbed it once was.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
You need to separate the message from the messenger. He may be a tool; he is not wrong. We have guys attacking him because they were better than him 25 years ago, which is slightly off base. We have a poster here pointing to a guy who played HS ball in NYC in the 60s.

I think the point was that NYC IS (not was) overrated. It does not appear to be the hotbed it once was.

Reading comprehension.

A lost art in the internet age.

Reaction Score

History counts and the current guys are great too.

Gottlieb is an idiot anyone defending him does not pass go.

Reaction Score
His initial tweet was obviously a troll. If he initially said, "NYC basketball isn't what it used to be", I'm sure most people would've agreed, but he went the troll route as usual. I haven't watched much NBA basketball this year. Isn't Mo Bamba in the the league?

Correction: I see he is but injured.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure what everyone is missing. Gottlieb can be a hardo, but he's right here. Agree or not with his original tweet, he did not call Steph out at all. Marbury made it personal and brought up his late father. Steph looks small and petty here.

Reaction Score
Not sure what everyone is missing. Gottlieb can be a hardo, but he's right here. Agree or not with his original tweet, he did not call Steph out at all. Marbury made it personal and brought up his late father. Steph looks small and petty here.

Anyone sh_____ on Gottlieb is okay by me.

Reaction Score
Not sure what everyone is missing. Gottlieb can be a hardo, but he's right here. Agree or not with his original tweet, he did not call Steph out at all. Marbury made it personal and brought up his late father. Gottlieb looks small and petty here.
Fixed it for you

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
He could have at least afforded Kemba an aside in his comment

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Anyone sh_____ on Gottlieb is okay by me.
This is true, but also he's correct. Kemba was the last fulltime NYC kid to move up to the NBA. Most of the rest are gone by the start of high school.

The Mecca in Decline

New York is no longer the greatest basketball city on earth. Right now, it’s not even close.

When we talk about the decline of New York City basketball, we’re not talking about the Knicks’ interminable incompetence or the Nets’ lavish and misguided efforts to build a contender. We’re talking about the city’s footprint in the NBA: Years ago, New York’s playgrounds and high schools served as the most fertile breeding ground for the game’s elite. Today, you’re just as likely to become a star if you’re born in Los Angeles, Toronto, or Raleigh.

That's from five years ago and it hasn't changed. If anything it's continued to shift away from NYC and toward other metro areas/less dense parts of the NYC metro (North Jersey, Westchester, etc).

More reading:

Where Have All the NYC-Bred NBA Players Gone?

What Happened to NYC Basketball?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom