Gotta admit... I'm a little surprised... | The Boneyard

Gotta admit... I'm a little surprised...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... that we saw no attrition (other than Feagles, who was a walk on) during camp.

Reaction Score
Definitely agree here. I would expect alot of attrition during the coaches first year, and several more during his second. Good to see.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nice to see, but...............................sometimes you see a few more at the end of camp when the final two deep comes out. Overall, very pleased that there hasn't been much attrition.

Reaction Score
Can it possibly be that the players do in fact buy in to what HCBD is selling and trying to build?
I've been saying this since last season. Just look at their comments to the media, in media sessions and interviews. They're even starting to say the things he has been saying. I'd say its pretty much a given. But some here still refuse to believe it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I've been saying this since last season. Just look at their comments to the media, in media sessions and interviews. They're even starting to say the things he has been saying. I'd say its pretty much a given. But some here still refuse to believe it.

In that regard it reminds me a little of what happens in a place called Foxborough. I seriously think this team is poised to surprise people.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They were down to 60 scholarship players by the end of last year. It could very well be that whoever was going to leave has already left.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
In that regard it reminds me a little of what happens in a place called Foxborough. I seriously think this team is poised to surprise people.

You mean we are going to start spying on other teams and deflating our footballs?

Hey...whatever it takes to win..... ;)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You mean we are going to start spying on other teams and deflating our footballs?

And getting our sports news from Good Morning America...

Reaction Score
They were down to 60 scholarship players by the end of last year. It could very well be that whoever was going to leave has already left.
I get what you mean, but some kids want to have a chance to be on the field, other than on special teams.. and with the entire coaching philosophy change, we still had kids that were FBS scholly players before Diaco... If they get leap frogged by a kid that's their Jr, by a year or 2 (or 3), you can't blame them for bolting for greener pastures elsewhere in order to see the field in a live game..

Reaction Score
I think the kids have bought in to BD. The proof of that will be if we somehow manage to win 6 games.:):):):):)
They bought in last year. Roster was thin and very young. How many programs out there win many games with such a roster. None. This season, with a lot of returning starters and new freshmen contributing this could be a HUGE step in the right direction.

Reaction Score
I think the kids have bought in to BD. The proof of that will be if we somehow manage to win 6 games.:):):):):)

Agree with the buying in, but honestly, you mentioned proof at 6 wins---- I will take 4 wins, decent game day coaching decisions (so as not to erode the player buy-in) and competitive in the remainder of their games at this point after enduring the last 4 years.....

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Sounds like the mentality is changing in Storrs and those who want a team are here and working their butts off

Reaction Score
Welcome everyone to rebuilding..

Yr1: Complete Castastroph@ck
Yr2: Wait, is our team sneaky good, just not ready to win?
Yr3: Holy Cow, our team isn't a Complete Catastroph@ck!
Yr4: Expectations are that we win a National CHampionship!! (and we don't)
Yr5: FireDIACO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Welcome everyone to rebuilding..

Yr1: Complete Castastroph@ck
Yr2: Wait, is our team sneaky good, just not ready to win?
Yr3: Holy Cow, our team isn't a Complete Catastroph@ck!
Yr4: Expectations are that we win a National CHampionship!! (and we don't)
Yr5: FireDIACO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revised your post...

Yr 5: WE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
... that we saw no attrition (other than Feagles, who was a walk on) during camp.

BJ McBride will explains why in an audio from last year. The players love their coach and staff. When you love someone you will fight till the end for them. No matter what happens this year we will see a team that doesn't quit and people will take notice. I wouldn't want to play for Nova. Those guys are going to need lots of ice on Friday.

http://the-boneyard.com/blog/senior...-of-uconn-im-jealous-im-not-a-freshman-audio/

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

No, just as in Foxborough they won't need to but will be so good that other less well prepared teams will look for similar excuses for their own failure to beat them.

Reaction Score
Sounds like the mentality is changing in Storrs and those who want a team are here and working their butts off
It has been changed. They didn't have the depth. But depth has been built. More talent has been brought in. Certainly a lot to like here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom