Got some NY Times coverage (finally!) | The Boneyard

Got some NY Times coverage (finally!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Liked this from Geno: “I would think if this was the first time our program had been here, we would probably be acting a little differently. You don’t want to sound like you’re not appreciative of it, but we did win 90 in a row. So we’ve got that going for us.” Yeah, not a bad thing to have going for you…

The Times should probably fix this though: "The offensive drought doomed the Irish, who have not beaten the Huskies since the 2011 national semifinals." I mean, I wish that were accurate, but in truth they did beat us a few times after 2011.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Note the vocabulary:

"After overcoming Notre Dame (7-1) as part of a gantlet that also included victories over Baylor, Florida State, DePaul and Texas, the Huskies looked at the big picture — the state of their program — rather than relishing the enormity of their winning streak."

Reinforcing Professor Kibitzer's lesson. ;)

Reaction Score
I like the title of the story, "UConn Brushes Aside Notre Dame..." like ND was some inconvenient fly that needed to be swatted aside. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. The diminution of ND continued when Jeff Arnold said ND hadn't beaten the Huskies since the 2011 Semis. As all By'ers unfortunately know ND did win three times in the next season. But, I guess, once you're down even the N.Y. Times starts trashing you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom