Got Next: Aaliyah Interview | The Boneyard

Got Next: Aaliyah Interview

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Favorite teammate? Coach!
I thought that she might have stated Caroline when asked, but I guess she didn't want to upset any of her teammates so she said coach.

Reaction Score
...showing some leadership qualities....like her new look....really nice young lady...maybe a future coach....not quite sure about her bannner on wall, but this season could make it happen..
How many of our current group of young ladies for the wall? Paige is a lock...looking forward to a great season and hoping the great Geno hangs around a few more years!

Reaction Score
I loved her effort as a freshman. Last season the game slowed down for her. The foul trouble of her 1st season disappeared. Little flash, just efficiency, like Collier or Charles in that respect. Now she'll have three great passing guards to feed her. Those UConn's guards will get a lot of media attention and the AP often ignores foreign players but the W will recognize her value.

This year UConn will be the lawnmower and the NCAA will be the lawn. Take this UConn team and move them to the W and in three years they'd win the title.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Will we see a new hairstyle from Liya this season? Mask or no mask?
I say wear the mask. She's had pretty good luck with it so far. Why not continue to wear it? Aaliyah has improved her game and has grown more aggressive each year. This will probably be her final year. I see no reason for her to return for her COVID year. I'd like to see her put together everything she's learned and experienced to this point and go out with a "first-team "ALL-American performance. Show the newbies how it's done. :cool:

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
...showing some leadership qualities....like her new look....really nice young lady...maybe a future coach....not quite sure about her bannner on wall, but this season could make it happen..
How many of our current group of young ladies for the wall? Paige is a lock...looking forward to a great season and hoping the great Geno hangs around a few more years!
Look at the 2 pictures of her posted TODAY by AmeriConn. It shows her with the familiar purple and yellow braids. That "new look" may have only been for the camp.

Reaction Score
As long as Nika is around, wear the mask.
Doesn’t seem to have a negative effect on her game.

I think she should too but not cuz of nika. I feel like she was comfortable with it

Reaction Score
Great piece that showed a bit more of Aaliyah to the fanbase. So cool that her former high school provided the facility for her clinic and the interview. Just shows how important those who have been there since the start are to her and her family.

Reaction Score
I thought that she might have stated Caroline when asked, but I guess she didn't want to upset any of her teammates so she said coach.
Aaliyah & Caroline.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom