Goosebumps | The Boneyard

Goosebumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the phil nolan dunk at the end of that game was the greatest thing i've ever witnessed in person. i don't care what that says about the state of my life.

tonight will be my first time back in the garden since that game. hopefully phil has some more magic for us.

Reaction Score
The season will go on with a loss tonight. We still would have a chance to peak at the right time ect ect ect...but a WIN tonight is what UConn desperately needs to energize the season and give me hope for the prospects of competing with the top 10 teams in the country. Losses to Cuse, Gonzaga and Maryland OOC isn't fatal but Final4 aspirations become much less realistic (highly unlikely). After tonight I think we will have a much better idea of were we stand nationally. To a certain degree we have our backs against the wall.

My heart says we win this.

Reaction Score
My first time ever going to the Garden was to watch us beat Iowa St. and then Michigan State...that crowd was truly magical. At our normal home games you have die hard fans and then a bunch of casuals, but that crowd was literally just die hard fans watching Bazz do some magical things. Unreal, wish I could re-live that entire game.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
but a WIN tonight is what UConn desperately needs to energize the season and give me hope for the prospects of competing with the top 10 teams in the country. Losses to Cuse, Gonzaga and Maryland OOC isn't fatal but Final4 aspirations become much less realistic (highly unlikely). After tonight I think we will have a much better idea of were we stand nationally. To a certain degree we have our backs against the wall.

I just don't see this at all. We are a handful of games in to the season. Waaaaay too early to make these kind of prognostications. Team hasn't even had a chance to gel yet. I think you're being thrown off by our unnaturally imbalanced/front-loaded schedule (an unfortunate necessity).

Yes, with a loss, UCONN seeding may take a hit. But at the end of the day, the NCAAs are about matchups anyway. Always have been. Final Four impact is non existent (unpredictable at minimum) at this point.

Reaction Score
I just don't see this at all. We are a handful of games in to the season. Waaaaay too early to make these kind of prognostications. Team hasn't even had a chance to gel yet. I think you're being thrown off by our unnaturally imbalanced/front-loaded schedule (an unfortunate necessity).

Yes, with a loss, UCONN seeding may take a hit. But at the end of the day, the NCAAs are about matchups anyway. Always have been. Final Four impact is non existent (unpredictable at minimum) at this point.

Yeah, I was fine with reading most of that other than the final four thing... All these losses do is make it harder for us to make the dance... as long as we make the dance, our final four chances are intact, its just a matter of how hard the road there is

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Nope, will be yelling from my bedroom watching on TV. It was great to meet you OkForPres and BuHusky and Mr and Mrs Fleuidslipcom (sp) along with the crowd from World Trek. Came home and of course came down with a lousy cold, so running on low batteries, but yes I will lead the Defense Cheer along with U C C O NN and UCONN, UCONN, UCONN, HUSKIES, WOOF!

Tonight is a very big game and I am surprised that they said DHAM has not played at MSG? I thought we played one game there last seaon. Oh, well that is what happens when you are an old grey hair lady, forgetfulness.

Okay I have to get some work done and also to the grocery store for substance. I have to recharged the batteries.

Mrs. Dribbles

PS Thanks for looking out for me

Reaction Score
A lot of great memories going to games at MSG. The fact we dont play there as often makes games like tonight even more special. I cant wait!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Logged into youtube just to add a "like" to it.

Reaction Score
When was the last time the TERPS beat us, 2002 elite 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom