Goose (the band) | The Boneyard

Goose (the band)

Reaction Score
Amazing to see CT's own Goose announcing their first arena show at Mohegan for their annual holiday show. I've been seeing them since '17 and it is amazing how much they've blown up over the last two years. Outside of my Next(s), think most in the Yard know I hit a ton of live shows. Nice to see Goose (and Eggy) give CT some extra shine.

Reaction Score
I had never heard of them until a year or so ago. A friend of mine is a huge fan and goes to lots of their shows. They do seem to be gaining steam quickly.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Good for them. I actually watched an entire show of theirs from Kent on You Tube last fall. I wanted to know why these guys were selling out two shows so fast. They sounded like the real deal to me.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've been paying attention to them for the past couple years after hearing the buzz; was supposed to see them at Westville this summer but had to cancel and sell my tickets. Picked up the new album the day it was released to prep for the show when I thought I was going and I have listened to it several times. I like the music and the groove a lot; I don't love the lead singer's voice, but that's my own general bias against high-pitched men's singing voices for the most part. Definitely still want to see them live.

Reaction Score
I've been paying attention to them for the past couple years after hearing the buzz; was supposed to see them at Westville this summer but had to cancel and sell my tickets. Picked up the new album the day it was released to prep for the show when I thought I was going and I have listened to it several times. I like the music and the groove a lot; I don't love the lead singer's voice, but that's my own general bias against high-pitched men's singing voices for the most part. Definitely still want to see them live.
fair - live is a completely different experience over studio in that they really lock into some serious grooves. My wife feels the same about Rick's voice but finds him easy on the eyes so forgets about it quick hahahahaha

Reaction Score
for those that have no clue what I might be referencing......

Anyone else listen to the crowd in the beginning and think - Early 80's Yankee Stadium ?

Reaction Score
Funny, I've never heard of Goose before but I was in a store in Norwalk last weekend and heard chatter about them from the store owner trying to put their music on the speaker.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
1629826277281.jpeg

Reaction Score
Amazing to see CT's own Goose announcing their first arena show at Mohegan for their annual holiday show. I've been seeing them since '17 and it is amazing how much they've blown up over the last two years. Outside of my Next(s), think most in the Yard know I hit a ton of live shows. Nice to see Goose (and Eggy) give CT some extra shine.
First heard of these guys a year or so ago when a couple buddies of mine kept posting shows they were going to. Those guys are huge Phish fans who I've never really been into, so I was expecting a typical jam band I probably wouldn't be that into. Listened to a whole show and thought they were great. They were so much more than the type of jam band I was expecting...they're super funky and have soul. I think they will appeal to so many people who have varied musical tastes. Thanks for the post because I kind of forgot about them. This song is smooth as hell, as is the video...

Watch "Goose - So Ready (Official Music Video)" on YouTube

Reaction Score
They are super fun. I became friends with Peter when he was in Great Blue. Im stoked for their success. Another band to keep on your radar is Neighbor. So good. Richard James from PTF with Lyle Brewer, Dan Kelly (the new motif), and Dean Johnson (club d’elf) I love these dudes. Good peeps

Reaction Score

So like a few of the posters here said, I did hear of them also about a year a go or so but really did not pay any attention to them thinking they were another Phish type band who I'm not into. Well I was wrong, thanks for posting this video. I will definitely catch them live in the near future.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thx for posting, and with a chance to listen and check out Neighbor.

Eggy's keyboard player was my next door neighbor before the band all moved in together, and I've seen (and liked) them a number of times.

Reaction Score
love me some Neighbor. I was able to catch a couple Tuesdays shows in Somerville before lockdown. Very good!
I wonder if we were there at the same show? The wife and I used to park the van in the Citizens Bank parking lot and sleep there. (Transit with power and a bed and pisser) Thise shows were great!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Well, that was a fun way to wake up. Thx.

Click the link as a way to either put me back to sleep, or start the day before dawn. About 65-70 minutes in, I came back to consciousness in the middle of a nice groove, and am now well-timed to go get a rental car, have my annual physical exam, do some more setup/research/planning/ordered action for 12 more days during which my car possibly reappears (in what condition though?) or more likely gets declared a total loss, and kicks off a whole lot of shopping to re-equip & re-establish the mobile portion of my life.

OK, gots to move, typos be damned...

#cartheftgoatdancetango

Reaction Score
what a run at lockn farm! there is some decent video of FRED the fest on youtube

Reaction Score
Arcadia is a great jam. My spotify always starts with that when I get in the truck. I can't complain

Reaction Score
Love goose. Seen them 12 times going back to 18….neighbor, le special, and eggy (shout out to Dani and Alex)….BUT. .. don’t sleep on the Breakfast/Kung composed of the best drummer bass and (especially) guitar trio in the north east featuring TIM PALMIERI. ….the CT music scene is killing it.

Reaction Score
Love goose. Seen them 12 times going back to 18….neighbor, le special, and eggy (shout out to Dani and Alex)….BUT. .. don’t sleep on the Breakfast/Kung composed of the best drummer bass and (especially) guitar trio in the north east featuring TIM PALMIERI. ….the CT music scene is killing it.
Adrian is a hell of a drummer. Dude is so talented. He's come over to my buddy john Pitblado's (from Hannah's field and Mauve Lloyd) to jam in his basement a few times. The jams get deep on those nights. Man I wish I had any musical talent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom