Good win | The Boneyard

Good win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First off this Purvis kid really sucks, lol. We sure do have a lot of options and explosiveness. There isn't a better point guard in the country than Boat, DHam is a monster offensively and this Purvis guy is kind of good. Our D was really bad in the first half and we had an aversion to stopping the ball. When the game was tight late in the second half we took the D to a whole different level. Brimah was a monster, Purvis was all over the place and Boat led, Dayton is a surefire tourney team and this is a very good win.

Reaction Score
UConn looks loaded again this year. Get 40 minutes of D and it will be a great year!!!

Reaction Score
We are beating scrappy teams and early. Like a dog that won't stop chasing you. Whether the dog is small or large it doesn't matter because you learn how to not get caught and to escape.

Dayton and Charleston were good teams with tournament potential. I love these types of wins.

Reaction Score
We are beating scrappy teams and early. Like a dog that won't stop chasing you. Whether the dog is small or large it doesn't matter because you learn how to not get caught and to escape.

Dayton and Charleston were good teams with tournament potential. I love these types of wins.
It helps to be challenged early instead of the Cuse home game strategy against cupcakes.

Reaction Score
It helps to be challenged early instead of the Cuse home game strategy against cupcakes.
Agree, but when do we get a cupcake or two? I forget the schedule but this team will need to feast on some desserts soon with these recent tough challenges.

We fans can't keep fretting at halftime, we need to see a cupcake with some scrub play as icing. LOL.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agree, but when do we get a cupcake or two? I forget the schedule but this team will need to feast on some desserts soon with these recent tough challenges.

We fans can't keep fretting at halftime, we need a see a cupcake with some scrub play as icing. LOL.

Well, if BCU wins today, there is one. :D

Reaction Score
Really great win, a great game overall. Abysmal mistakes on defense at times, which i'm guessing is due to poor communication. But the way we collectively kicked it into another gear when brimah came back w/ 3 fouls, really great to see. We have a plethora of bigs also

Reaction Score
It was a good a win Dayton played well IMO their fans are crucifying their PG. We got out rebounded 38-31 Brimah only had 3 rebounds I don't get it but hopefully Facey keeps improving faster as he sees more time I really like the kid.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On the rebounding, yeah, I'd like to see it get a bit better too. That said, regarding Brimah, keep in mind that our defense appears to be predicated on him protecting the rim by going for blocks. This is going to take him out of position for rebounds and others will need to clean up. Also, how many of Dayton's 14 offensive rebounds were from either blocks out of bounds or blocks that Dayton recovered. I bet about 6 of our 8 blocks resulted in offensive rebounds for Dayton.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Be nice if Rock can work himself into some playing time over the course of the season. He'd provide the rebounding spark we need any time. I think he'll be valuable in a small role that way, Marcus White Lite if you will.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
On the rebounding, yeah, I'd like to see it get a bit better too. That said, regarding Brimah, keep in mind that our defense appears to be predicated on him protecting the rim by going for blocks.
True, but even when he's there he has a really hard time holding on to the ball. Just doesn't seem to have strong enough hands or upper body at this point.

Reaction Score
It wasn't a good win it was a great win. I don't think people here realize how young we are. We have 1 senior on the roster and the new guys stepped up like champions down with under 8 minutes. We are only going to get better but the kids showed a lot of composure and balls in the end.

Reaction Score
With UConn up 6 with 5 minutes left, I felt great about the outcome. This team did what last year's did in March, make it a two possession game at the under-4 time out and take care of the ball, defend hard, and make ft's. That is becoming part of UConn's DNA under KO.

Reaction Score
Would be nice if they could stop the ball from getting to the rim Dayton was getting there with ease and drawing fouls

Reaction Score

We fans can't keep fretting at halftime, we need to see a cupcake with some scrub play as icing. LOL.
Unfortunately we have half a conference of cupcakes so you will get your wish soon.:)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It wasn't a good win it was a great win. I don't think people here realize how young we are. We have 1 senior on the roster and the new guys stepped up like champions down with under 8 minutes. We are only going to get better but the kids showed a lot of composure and balls in the end.
At any given time we can have four under classmen and Boat on the floor. We're getting better every game as the newbs gain confidence and experience.

Reaction Score
At any given time we can have four under classmen and Boat on the floor. We're getting better every game as the newbs gain confidence and experience.

Agree 100%. These guys haven't played together a lot as a unit during games. If they are playing like this now, just wait until March

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The D in the last 4 minutes was just great... shot clock violations... steals... blocks... not a whole lot more that you could ask for. Made me feel real good about this team.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
A great win for this young team at this time, but certainly not a greatly played game. The first half was really a struggle with lots of missed opportunities, but still there were things to smile about. Rodney had some success early and that probably took some pressure off. Lots of nice plays for Rodney in the game, including some good looks passing the ball. Those last FT's that he missed badly were worrisome, but hopefully he just needs more gametime experience to "read" the game a little quicker.

The second half was just about the perfect outcome. Struggle to not get left behind in the first half, tie the game, go down but stay in range, close the gap, then the defense becomes a thing of beauty. Boatright is just looking great overall. He made some mistakes, but he is controlling the game in different ways than Bazz did.

Reaction Score
Charleston was picked by most outlets to finish in the bottom half of the Colonial. Dayton was a great win. Charleston was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom