Good Win and a Quickie Before Goodnight | The Boneyard

Good Win and a Quickie Before Goodnight

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bottom line they did what they needed to do. And then some. No one had a single dollar on UConn winning each of those games by that much. 3 games, 3 wins by double digits. Great job for NCAAT profile and computer rankings.

Yes, Clingan was really good tonight. He's going to have a few stinkers but they will be fewer than what I was thinking he'd have. He was so calm amongst all the chaos and hacking around the rim and in the lane. Loved the comment by Walton complimenting the coaches who got him to this point. Making FT's at a 70% clip is just one more thing opposing coaches can't do to neutralize him. No hack a cling strategy.

Karaban with the 3 and then a dunk when ISU made a second half run. I'm pretty sure they never got back to single digits after those two baskets by AK.

Jackson was so dominant. No way was that a goal tend in the second half.

Newton looks so smooth and confident at the FT line.

You knew refs were going whistle happy against the Huskies to start the second half. Poor job by players not knowing that was going to happen.

Alleyne is the only player who hasn't figured out his role. Needs to do that because he is trending towards the #9 man in a 9-man rotation. Joey C has definitely taken some of his minutes and Diarra has been fine as a back up PG.

Speaking of Joey C, I'd like to know if he has missed his first shot taken in any game. Seems like his first shot is always a made 3-pointer. He even rebounded strong as the game wound down. He got burned a few times in the first half when he was isolated. That should surprise no one.

Hawk got a real good look at how well this team can play without him if he spaces out and decides to take himself out of the game.

That's it for now. Gotta get some sleep.

Go Huskies. The bandwagon will be filling up quickly.

caw

Reaction Score
These weren't soft double digit wins either. You know the type where you get to 10-12 because the other team is fouling. No these were games where the other team didn't even bother to foul at the end.

Reaction Score
We're up to #6 in the KenPom rankings. We're the only 8-0 team in the country!

1669613359462.png

Reaction Score
Bottom line they did what they needed to do. And then some. No one had a single dollar on UConn winning each of those games by that much. 3 games, 3 wins by double digits. Great job for NCAAT profile and computer rankings.

Yes, Clingan was really good tonight. He's going to have a few stinkers but they will be fewer than what I was thinking he'd have. He was so calm amongst all the chaos and hacking around the rim and in the lane. Loved the comment by Walton complimenting the coaches who got him to this point. Making FT's at a 70% clip is just one more thing opposing coaches can't do to neutralize him. No hack a cling strategy.

Karaban with the 3 and then a dunk when ISU made a second half run. I'm pretty sure they never got back to single digits after those two baskets by AK.

You knew refs were going whistle happy against the Huskies to start the second half. Poor job by players not knowing that was going to happen.

Alleyne is the only player who hasn't figured out his role. Needs to do that because he is trending towards the #9 man in a 9-man rotation. Joey C has definitely taken some of his minutes and Diarra has been fine as a back up PG.

Speaking of Joey C, I'd like to know if he has missed his first shot taken in any game. Seems like his first shot is always a made 3-pointer. He even rebounded strong as the game wound down. He got burned a few times in the first half when he was isolated. That should surprise no one.

Hawk got a real good look at how well this team can play without him if he spaces out and decides to take himself out of the game.

I have to rewatch Hawkins foul, was it a hand check? He does that and should learn. Comment to the ref, what was said, anyone know? He certainly didn’t go off out there, but musta said a magic word. It happens, let’s not fault him for this.

Reaction Score

I'm an old fart and gladly will report your title was most accurate.

Love Cuddle GIF - Love Cuddle Oldcouple GIFs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom