OT: Good tv shows to binge watch | The Boneyard

OT: Good tv shows to binge watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am starting a project to convert my younger sons room into a guest room. I like to have TV on in the background watching shows while I work. Any suggestions for good TV series to binge watch?

Reaction Score
I am starting a project to convert my younger sons room into a guest room. I like to have TV on in the background watching shows while I work. Any suggestions for good TV series to binge watch?
Homeland. But it might get distracting.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
My Favorite Martian. Lost in Space. Family Feud. Not distracting.

Reaction Score
There is a fine British crime series, six episodes only, called "Happy Valley". Netflix has it.

Reaction Score
There is a fine British crime series, six episodes only, called "Happy Valley". Netflix has it.
Might give this a try. Crime dramas tend to be what I am drawn to more than comedies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
If you're a Sci-Fy fan, and, haven't watched "Firefly", that's really fun. I'm also a big fan of "Castle".

Reaction Score
Not sure if you will have internet access connected to you TV but I found this site a while back that is great for free replays of some series including some british ones:
http://www.watch-tvseries.me/series528/Mr-Selfridge/season-02-episode-03-Episode-3
Some of the videos are a little wonky and try to get you to load software, but most are just straight playbacks.
I have a Chromecast so I can stream to a computer monitor in that room. Anything on the web that has the Chromecast symbol I can view up there. Doesn't look like this site has that capability :(

Reaction Score
If you're a Sci-Fy fan, and, haven't watched "Firefly", that's really fun. I'm also a big fan of "Castle".
I know a few other folks who have sung the Castle praises. Might give it a go too. I have seen most of the Firefly shows as my sons were quite into it.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Doc Martin - the only problem is that you may not be able to get your work done.

Reaction Score
Doc Martin - the only problem is that you may not be able to get your work done.
It will be a slow project. Bad back is acting up which prevents long periods of going through boxes of college and high school junk and moving furniture around. Probably will end up more watching then working most days. I have until Christmas when my son comes home from Cali for the holidays so he can be the first "guest" in his old room.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
ncis - the original one
11 seasons, lots of great writing and character development
person of interest 2 seasons on dvd, intriguing storylines and the characters have gone from wooden to human in these two seasons

Another one I like very much but is visually interesting and you may find it distracting is Grimm. I think there's two seasons on DVD.

For comedy I love the Big Bang Theory... I think I have six seasons on dvd.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I liked Nikita as a show to Binge watch. Didn't watch it for a couple of years and had to catch up. Another one is Law and Order Criminal Intent.

Reaction Score
Chicago Fire, I can't stop watching lol.
Orange is the New Black.
Modern Family
Just started Sons of Anarchy and not really sure about it.
I have most of the seasons of ER so I watch them lol!
Duck Dynasty also...
The Office

I'm about to be 25, and I have to say I also love The Golden Girls!

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Might give this a try. Crime dramas tend to be what I am drawn to more than comedies.

The Fall with Gillian Anderson is another British crime drama available on Netflix. It was very good and she was very good in it.

Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Arrested Development all benefit from binge watching.

Friday Night Lights was a great show that I binged after it was done. You don't have to like high school football to like the show.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Chicago Fire, I can't stop watching lol.
Orange is the New Black.
Modern Family
Just started Sons of Anarchy and not really sure about it.
I have most of the seasons of ER so I watch them lol!
Duck Dynasty also...
The Office

I'm about to be 25, and I have to say I also love The Golden Girls!
welcome to the board youngster

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If you like pure sci fi: Battlestar Galactica is fantastic.

If you want sci fi drama, but not in outer space: Orphan Black is fantastic.

If you like vikings and norse stuff: Vikings is fantastic.

If you like Pirates: Black Sails is fantastic (only 1 season though).

If you want a comedy: the sneaky funniest comedy on TV is the fantastic Silicon Valley (only 1 season though).

Everyone knows about Game of Thrones obviously.

FLhuskey

Toyota FJ Cruiser !
Reaction Score
On Hulu -- Braquo -subtitles , and The Bridge -Also with subtitles -Not your normal Hollywood crime series.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
If you like pure sci fi: Battlestar Galactica is fantastic.

If you want sci fi drama, but not in outer space: Orphan Black is fantastic.

co-signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul