Good things noted for this year | The Boneyard

Good things noted for this year

Reaction Score
While I admit I had serious hopes up after the 1st half of the Houston game--we've certainly slid the wrong way:(

That being said--we have some good foundational pieces here in Jackson Adams Vital Enoch and Durham(not even including our hurt guys yet)

Jackson reminds me a bit of a slightly taller Allan Houston. I think he can get close to 45% 3 point shooting and hes got the body to do more than that. I think he can play a multi dimensional role from positions 2-4.

My new favorite player Christian Vital--wow if all of our guys played as hard as he does--wed have done better this year. Hes got guts and more talent than Im sure most thought. Even though we have Gilbert and some rookies coming back---I can see a role for Vital at 25 minutes easy.

Adams--sometimes great--sometimes not. I think hard work on the jumper and strength training to work on explosion will help him. If he becomes a 40% 3 point shooter his game goes to another level--so he needs to work hard.

Enoch and Durham--lumping them together. Boy these guys are almost make or break types of players. Both with a lot of potential and both lagging in many ways. Enoch needs to work with a trainer who can help him with explosion and lateral movement. He needs to be abel to move faster--both guys do. Both are a step or two slow for how basketball is played. I think our best line ups next year will represent the need to play ONLY 1 big man most of the time. If we play 4 out and 1 in--these guys will have great opportunity even with 20-22 minutes of playing time each.

This Uconn franchise--it needs a tremendous recovery in all aspects. Im a believer in KO and I think he is also learning along the way.

We need our guys stronger and faster --we will really need to lean on our strength and conditioning coach this off-season and he is on the spot to execute. Our guys also need to work hard--stay together and come back with an attitude. We need to come back with serious passion and intensity--the kind I see SMU and Cincy play with. Anything less is just not good enough.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
We need to come back with serious passion and intensity--the kind I see SMU and Cincy play with. Anything less is just not good enough.
I agree. I think the passion and intensity have lagged for considerable stretches during the season and that should not happen. What bothers me is hearing KO saying this late in the season, "We just need to do better...", "We need to coach better...", "We just need to do a better job...", "We need to be tougher..." The pained expressions on his face during the game and his looking down at post-game press conferences also don't show confidence and resolve. I think we all agree talent is great but if you lack passion, intensity and focus it will only get you so far. Those intangibles are what give teams like Cincinnati and SMU the edge, in my opinion and we need our edge back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom