Good thing we didn't invite... | The Boneyard

Good thing we didn't invite...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
...Penn State to the Big East after all
LOL. And for all those advocating you are judged by the company you keep I guess we better not accept a B10 invite if it is offered.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I wondered today whether Paterno leaving (and I think they'll have to fire him because it doesn't appear he's inclined to resign), and with the rest of the athletic administration being gone, if Penn State actually might entertain the idea of joining the Big East. They will have to face the fact that recruiting is likely to take a major hit, possibly lasting several seasons, and they'd be better able to compete for championships in the Big East than the Big 10. Even a watered down Penn State would be at or near the top of the Big East. In the Big 10 they'll get hammered if recruiting takes a dive. The other question would be whether the Big East wants them with all that baggage they'll be carrying with them?Stranger thinks have happened and been happening.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The B1G's decision not to expand eastward was based on the fact that Penn State delivered a big portion of the New York market, reducing the marginal benefit to that league of expansion in the northeast.

That situation could be meaningfully altered over the next few years, as the public relations hammer falls on Penn State. Casual fans will not know the details, they will just know that Penn State was involved in a horrific scandal and most of those in power allowed it to happen. Penn State is going to take a major hit, particularly among the casual fans. I do not know how the B1G will respond to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom