Good recap article | The Boneyard

Good recap article

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought this was a pretty good read in The Ringer, honest and respectful.

Excerpts: It has been said that UConn’s dominance is bad for women’s basketball. It’s hard to imagine an argument I disagree with more. My job is to write about men’s basketball and football, but I make time to watch UConn not because anybody’s ever asked me to write about them, but because I find their play fascinating. They are just about the closest thing our sport has to transcendence.

... nobody would say Friday night was one of the greatest moments in sports history if it weren’t for all UConn had accomplished before. There is no unbelievable upset if there is no team so brilliant that the idea of an upset cannot be believed.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well stated. Thanks for sharing.

I do look forward to seeing the ratings numbers for tonight's final compared to UConn's games and to UConn's finals in previous years.

Reaction Score
Completely agree!!! In my opinion, people watch UCONN basketball for 4 (maybe more) reasons:
(1) They are UCONN Fans
(2) They enjoy watching basketball played as a Team Game...not one on one Individual play... or put another way, to watch "perfect" execution (or as close to perfect as mere mortals can be).
(3) To see what the "hype" is about with UCONN basketball...and once hooked, they fall back to #1 or #2 above.
(4) to see if someone can elevate their game to the level necessary to beat UCONN.

I have some CT ties, but didn't follow UCONN basketball much, I was a #3... now I'm a #1 and #2.... and always hoping to never see #4. My wife thinks I'm "addicted" to UCONN Basketball... she might be right. I feel like I'll be in "rehab" for the next 7 or so months waiting for next season!!!

GO HUSKIES!!! No Injuries in Italy or over the Summer!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom