good read on ollie, recruiting and the AD--borges | The Boneyard

good read on ollie, recruiting and the AD--borges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Borge history relating to Ollie has reflected a partisan viewpoint which is fine. In this piece in particular he showed objective journalism and broke everything down point by point giving the piece strong credibility. For attorneys out there his analysis was similar to what some lawyers were tought in law school when articulating issues and making an argument. The mnemonic IRAC sometimes is used:

I-Issue
R-Rule
A-Analysis
C-Conclusion

Generally speaking the "Rule" component of the mnemonic is usually a variable harder to put a finger on for a journalist. Borge and I think alike right now. For me it took 5 games. I wanted to see something tangible. Now I love Kevin Ollie as a coach. Lets put it this way he can be trusted. Trust is everything because he will learn what he needs to know this year. When the coaching "issues" started I did not have all 10 toes in. I had about 6.5 toes in. Now its all 10 toes in. :D

JMHO of course.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Good article. Hopefully he's offered sooner rather than later. We might have a chance at Dakari Johnson.

Reaction Score
If we can add Brimah or Johnson to Facey and Samuels, our inside starts to look pretty healthy heading into 2014.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well presented.

His name is Borges, btw.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Amen. This sums up how warde is killing us in recruiting. .. There's no excuse losing a recruit to PC, even if the Friars seem to be on the rise and Ed Cooley is as likable a coach as any.

Reaction Score
I think the next two months will make or break manuel at uconn. Between ollie and the acc bid

C

Chief00

KO won't do well in the Big East this year record-wise. So what's Warde's point? They have zero inside game - but that's not Ollie's fault.

Reaction Score
Warde Manuel botched this from the start, I would have a lot more respect for him if he would give Ollie a real contract within the next 2 weeks, there is absolutely no reason to wait any longer.

Reaction Score
I would have never said a word about all of this if Ollie got a $600k a year contract for 3 years with a $600k buyout.

Penny wise, pound foolish.

Reaction Score
Some of you will take offense but I don't care anymore because, if you are going to whine daily for a contract and bitch and moan about the past, tough. You guys are REALLY, REALLY, REALLY dense.

You have NO CLUE what constraints Manuel was under from the university president or the board of directors.

Read that isolated sentence again. It is the essence of why you guys really should just back off for a while. How foolish can you be to think he was allowed to operate in a vacuum in this instance? It is so easy to focus all of your frustrations and fears on one man. It is so easy to assume his ego drove everything in this case. He is the ultimate straw man. There is no evidence of conflict between him and Calhoun or Ollie but it is convenient to assume there is. There is no proof of a Hathaway type situation here but everyone wants to believe there is. Finally, how arrogant to think that your opinion on what Manuel did and didn't do must be right. There are plenty of people that disagree with you guys but, because some people vocally agree, you ASSume they represent the majority.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You have NO CLUE what constraints Manuel was under from the university president or the board of directors.

Read that isolated sentence again. It is the essence of why you guys really should just back off for a while.

I've read that thought each of the dozens of times you have stated it. The problem is that you do not have an ounce of evidence from any source whatsoever to suggest that it is anything more than your own wild, unfounded speculation as a last resort to support your opinion.

Manuel said it was his decision. That is a fact. Herbst said it was Manuel's decision. That is a fact. There has not been one shred of anything other than your own impotent rage to support the notion that the board of directors or anyone else constrained Manuel here. Your suggestion that some sort of fiscal constraint prevented Manuel from offering a two or three year deal with a buyout is laughable, and that is why no one with a clue has even mentioned it as a possibility.

We have lost out on every single recruit we have pursued since Ollie was given the interim deal. That is fact. Each of those recruits professed great love and respect for Ollie and the program. That is a fact. Every source in the business who has commented on the situation has stated that the interim contract is hurting recruiting, and you admit as much yourself. That is a fact.

Get some facts to support your theory and then come back and talk to us.

Reaction Score
You are the densest of the dense.

Wild unfounded speculation = YOU
Impotent rage = YOU

YOU are too gnikcvf blind to see it. I have never said I know what, if any, constraints were placed on Manuel. Nice try though. The fact that none of us know what constraints there might be IS THE POINT! If you thinking that Herbst saying it was his decision is proof there were none, you are more clueless than I thought. No manager would castrate a manager under them by publicly saying that they made a decision for their subordinate. Are you for real? Do you have ANY clue about human psychology and its impact on teams, of any form? YOU are the one that is trying to trash a man without full knowledge of the situation. You actually could be right but you are a fool for trashing the man with what you KNOW versus what you THINK you know. You are a fool to think any good can come of it.

Reaction Score
I've read that thought each of the dozens of times you have stated it. The problem is that you do not have an ounce of evidence from any source whatsoever to suggest that it is anything more than your own wild, unfounded speculation as a last resort to support your opinion.

Manuel said it was his decision. That is a fact. Herbst said it was Manuel's decision. That is a fact. There has not been one shred of anything other than your own impotent rage to support the notion that the board of directors or anyone else constrained Manuel here. Your suggestion that some sort of fiscal constraint prevented Manuel from offering a two or three year deal with a buyout is laughable, and that is why no one with a clue has even mentioned it as a possibility.

We have lost out on every single recruit we have pursued since Ollie was given the interim deal. That is fact. Each of those recruits professed great love and respect for Ollie and the program. That is a fact. Every source in the business who has commented on the situation has stated that the interim contract is hurting recruiting, and you admit as much yourself. That is a fact.

Get some facts to support your theory and then come back and talk to us.

;) "Get some facts..." Thanksgiving time! It's supposed to be with all the trimmings!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You are the densest of the dense.

Wild unfounded speculation = YOU
Impotent rage = YOU

YOU are too gnikcvf blind to see it. I have never said I know what, if any, constraints were placed on Manuel. Nice try though. The fact that none of us know what constraints there might be IS THE POINT! If you thinking that Herbst saying it was his decision is proof there were none, you are more clueless than I thought. No manager would castrate a manager under them by publicly saying that they made a decision for their subordinate. Are you for real? Do you have ANY clue about human psychology and its impact on teams, of any form? YOU are the one that is trying to trash a man without full knowledge of the situation. You actually could be right but you are a fool for trashing the man with what you KNOW versus what you THINK you know. You are a fool to think any good can come of it.
Facts = 0

Reactions: THC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member