Good read-Dan Hurley: UConn men’s basketball has recruited ‘exactly’ what staff was looking for so far | The Boneyard

Good read-Dan Hurley: UConn men’s basketball has recruited ‘exactly’ what staff was looking for so far

Reaction Score
Angry Tom Hanks GIF by Laff

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Sorry if already posted

This is like an NBA or NFL GM saying how happy they are with how their draft went.

Do they ever say "we did a crappy job" or "we're not happy with who we ended up with"?

(That's not to say I'm disappointed.)

Reaction Score
Hey Guys, If the three's are NOT raining from at least two new players consistently next fall, then Danny Hurley is NOT doing his job.

The Huskies have long needed & not gotten 2-3 tough-minded, competitive swing players - WITH GOOD HANDLES & COMPOSURE - who can drain 3+ three's each in a row consistently throughout a game & the season. Talking about Great Shooters who are tough as we see every year at Villanova. Those are the guys who win close BE games in the 2020's.

Get some tough, athletic freshman shooters up to Storrs, the rest will fall into place, that is, if Danny Hurley can even coach the offensive side of the ball.

Father Demo

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nothing unexpected here. We had some clear needs. A starting caliber PG with size, a scoring SG/wing that can defend and a backup PG that can come in and not create a huge fall off in production. That's exactly what we got.

I suspect Dan is excited because as constructed, he no longer has pieces that don't really fit, except maybe Clingan and possibly Springs. But I don't think they will play very much. If we can get another transfer that can play, I'd say it should ideally be a SF with some physicality.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nothing unexpected here. We had some clear needs. A starting caliber PG with size, a scoring SG/wing that can defend and a backup PG that can come in and not create a huge fall off in production. That's exactly what we got.

I suspect Dan is excited because as constructed, he no longer has pieces that don't really fit, except maybe Clingan and possibly Springs. But I don't think they will play very much. If we can get another transfer that can play, I'd say it should ideally be a SF with some physicality.
Do you see Alleyne as the backup point guard? I see him as more of a 2, with Diarra being the back up point.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Do you see Alleyne as the backup point guard? I see him as more of a 2, with Diarra being the back up point.
I see Diarra as the backup PG. I see Alleyne as a SG that may have the strength to play some as a SF in our offense. We had no depth at SG behind Hawkins.

"A starting caliber PG [Newton] with size, a scoring SG/wing that can defend [Alleyne] and a backup PG [Diarra]"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom