Good publicity on what Manuel is doing behind the scenes re APR | The Boneyard

Good publicity on what Manuel is doing behind the scenes re APR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good publicity on what Manuel is doing behind the scenes re APRr-of-tournament-exile/3281 .

"He also helped move the academic-support program for athletics under his purview (in the past, it reported to the provost). That gives him day-to-day contact with academic issues.

http://chronicle.com/blogs/players/for-uconn-lessons-from-a-year-of-tournament-exile/32811

Nice to see Manuel and Herbst putting out the word on the new UConn. It'll be slow, but brick by brick the academic rep of the past will be forgotten. Hopefully this turnaround reaches all of the right ears, which from the readers of this particular publication, it should.

Reaction Score
I know these two have taken hits regarding our conference situation but I feel good about Warde and Susan. The APR issue is the one aspect of this program that needed to be a priority and it appears that we won't have this problem again. We'll make do in the AAC for now but I see bigger opportunities down the road....

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I watched the CenterStage with Jim Calhoun (I know blasphemy for a Red Sox fan to even stumble upon the YES Network, but CenterStage is different). Calhoun mentioned that the APR doesn't count for a player who leaves early and signs an NBA Contract. I could get into how nitpicky and vendetta-ish against UConn that is, but here is my real question?

Doesn't APR stand for Academic Progress Rating? What does an NBA contract have to do with it?

Gotta love the NCAA...taking the STUDENT out of Student-Athlete since 1910.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom