Good Publicity For WCBB | The Boneyard

Good Publicity For WCBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ESPN broadcast the news of Brittney Griner's wrist injury throughout the day yesterday on its SportsCenter broadcasts. Althoiugh bad news for Brittney and Baylor, one has to believe that any talk of women's college basketball during the off season cannot be all bad.

Without statistics, I cannot make judgments as to whether longboarding presents a high enough risk to warrant restrictions on scholarship athletes other than to say that I wish they wouldn't do it. However, considering the balance and agility required to successfully negotiate a longboard, it probably provides some positive athletic benefits that cross over to basketball.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
skate away BG... I saw it on SportsCenter also

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
The problem is that many young people think they are invincible. They are not. Risk has its upside and its downside. BG has just leaned a life lesson about the downside.

Having said that, a common injury in pickup basketball is a wrist break…I have one that did not heal correctly. She could have broken the wrist doing that.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The problem is that many young people think they are invincible. They are not. Risk has its upside and its downside. BG has just leaned a life lesson about the downside.

Having said that, a common injury in pickup basketball is a wrist break…I have one that did not heal correctly. She could have broken the wrist doing that.

I would rather see her break a wrist playing basketball while improving her game since that is what she is on scholarship to do. One of the students who was in the parking garage stated that he was not surprised that someone got hurt considering the speed at which the skateboarders were traveling.

Boris Becker once shattered his right wrist while hitting a forehand in a match. What can you do in a situation like that?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I would rather see her break a wrist playing basketball while improving her game since that is what she is on scholarship to do. One of the students who was in the parking garage stated that he was not surprised that someone got hurt considering the speed at which the skateboarders were traveling.

Boris Becker once shattered his right wrist while hitting a forehand in a match. What can you do in a situation like that?

Were you born 39?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer