Good Piece On Rising Terps | The Boneyard

Good Piece On Rising Terps

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Brenda Frese’s Terps have closed gap on Huskies, and they’re making a move

"It still exists, that feeling the Connecticut women’s basketball team can lose. You felt it in faint and flickering moments Thursday night as Maryland activated a sellout Xfinity Center crowd, which responded with wild cheers at the end of a strangely competitive game."

"With the Huskies, the opportunities to interrupt their greatness are rare, but Maryland has a legitimate chance."

Some very good analysis.

Reaction Score
There will be a replay this year at the end of the season!!!! And I like our chance still!!!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
There will be a replay this year at the end of the season!!!! And I like our chance still!!!!
It is a long way away, and i really don't think it is inevitable. But I do like our chances if it does happen again!

Reaction Score
You are right, I should have prefaced with MAY BE...There will be...Just thought it was such a great game to watch with all the what if...

Reaction Score

"It still exists, that feeling the Connecticut women’s basketball team can lose. You felt it in faint and flickering moments Thursday night as Maryland activated a sellout Xfinity Center crowd, which responded with wild cheers at the end of a strangely competitive game."

"With the Huskies, the opportunities to interrupt their greatness are rare, but Maryland has a legitimate chance."

Some very good analysis.

Interesting article. I do believe the gap has lessen but it still a gap. If there was any year to close it, it better be this year because of who Connecticut has coming back next year (Core 4), the two big time transfers and the outstanding recruits we have coming in, the gap will widen imo.

Reaction Score

Some very good analysis.

As long as Auriemma is the coach, the Huskies will be a great program. He’s showing you how great a coach he is this season; his team has beaten four of the top seven teams in the country already during a bridge season after losing its top three players, who were the first three picks of the 2016 WNBA draft. This is a solid team. The Huskies pass so well and defend like crazy. But they can look mechanical at times, needing to use the system because they don’t have much depth, and they lack the showstopping talent they have had recently

Good well balanced article--some over the top MD--but if Brenda and their supporters don't cheer up their program who will???

JS

Reaction Score
Interesting article. I do believe the gap has lessen but it still a gap. If there was any year to close it, it better be this year because of who Connecticut has coming back next year (Core 4), the two big time transfers and the outstanding recruits we have coming in, the gap will widen imo.
Add that they're losing their two senior leaders, the next regular season game will be at UConn, and there won't be any short-handed/foul trouble problem for the Huskies.

Thought of saying presumably no sickness of leading scorer problem next year either, but Lou kind of took that comment away from me.

Reaction Score
It is a long way away, and i really don't think it is inevitable.

But I do I fully understand what being a FAN is --i'm over the top speaking about UConn--
I expect Brenda to deny what she saw.
Don't the pundits and some fans see: A UConn team physically ill to vomiting, causing more fouls than is the norm for Uconn--yet in the 3rd this sick/foul plagued team--ran off 14 points into a 19 point lead. Also near the end MD scored because UConn couldn't defend for fear of fouling. So MD reduced the score---not by beating uconn but with undefended shots --the fouling by MD allowed Uconn to sustain their streak.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree with JS. I like Maryland's freshman class, but they lose Jones and Walker-Kimbrough, both of whom could be 1st-team All-Americans (on a 10-player team) this year. We lose Saniya and Tierney. We also add the biggest talent infusion in our history: Azura Stevens, Batouly Camara, Megan Walker, Lexi Gordon, Mikayla Coombs, and Andra Espinosa-Hunter. Plus we play at home. The gap may be narrow this year, but it expands greatly next year.

Reaction Score
"Closing the Gap" is the new meme, since "this is the year to catch UConn" doesn't seem to be working
Key to sign:
  • Train = UConn
  • Platform = Everyone Else

keep-calm-and-mind-the-gap-between-the-train-and-the-platform-13.png

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I am puzzled by this "Rising Terps" sentiment. Prior to last year, they attained the Final Four twice in succession. They were good in 2006. Frese has been there 15 years.

Haven't they been rising for a while? They have two AA candidates and a top-rated freshmen class.

Seems to me it's put up or shut up time.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
They're right, they're getting better
But they're not going to get to the promised land.

They had their chance, like everyone else
Now, they're going to have to win a whole lots of games between good teams to get another try.

The odds are against them
Good on them if they succeed.

Makes me think of Clemson tonight
they've fought their way back only to have the opportunity to be humiliated again
The fat lady is warming up.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They're right, they're getting better
But they're not going to get to the promised land.

They had their chance, like everyone else
Now, they're going to have to win a whole lots of games between good teams to get another try.

The odds are against them
Good on them if they succeed.

Makes me think of Clemson tonight
they've fought their way back only to have the opportunity to be humiliated again

The fat lady is warming up.

You obviously dont pay attention to College Football :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Maryland has closed the gap as have other teams. But let's not forget how large that gap was last year.

Maryland is an elite program for WCBB and has been since 05. So to say they are rising is a little disingenuous to say the least. For Maryland and others, its put up or shut up time. If you can't get it done this year, your chances are not improving for the next couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom