Good opening night crowd | The Boneyard

Good opening night crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There were empty seats,but the building was SOLD OUT. I think the last season opener at GP that sold out was St. Johns, in 1990, when the GP opened. Sold out for Maine. People are pumped and excited. Which is a good thing! Lets Go Huskies!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Very good showing by the #UConnNation last night. I wonder if the SNY ratings will be decent.

Reaction Score
There were empty seats,but the building was SOLD OUT. I think the last season opener at GP that sold out was St. Johns, in 1990, when the GP opened. Sold out for Maine. People are pumped and excited. Which is a good thing! Lets Go Huskies!

I'm pretty sure we've sold out about 20 times since then. When we were still in the BE, we sold out almost every Gampel game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I know there are people on both sides; put me in the liking the new lighting. Looks very good on TV.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I like the new lighting too. Gives the game atmosphere an injection of class, like the only thing important is what is going on on the court, similar to MSG or Staples Center. If it looks good on TV and allows for better picture quality, then I'm all for it.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure we've sold out about 20 times since then. When we were still in the BE, we sold out almost every Gampel game.
Yes we sold out BE games. I was talking about openers.

Reaction Score
I love the lighting in Staples Center. Therefore I support the new lighting in Gampel. FWIW, it looked good on TV last night.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I know there are people on both sides; put me in the liking the new lighting. Looks very good on TV.
Agreed, people may think the new stage lighting looks poor live in person, but on TV it looks great. Really makes the court pop and gives the players the sense of the "big stage", like they are playing in MSG or Staples. I mean, they might as well get used to it, because if you come to UConn you will be playing in those buildings as an NBA player in no time :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom