Good night for Bazz | The Boneyard

Good night for Bazz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well that is ridiculously awesome, looks like the result of Oladipo getting a concussion and CJ Watson with a mild injury. Maybe Bazz gets more burn Friday and Saturday too

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
CJ Watson needs to play less when he comes back. He and Shabazz are already comparable in terms of output, and Shabazz obviously has a lot more developing to do. The Magic would be wise to give Bazz a bump in minutes.

Reaction Score
Bazz played 30 mins to Elrid Payton's 29. Payton was only 1-13 which is awful, but he also had 10 rebounds, 8 assists, and only 1 TO.

Glad to see Bazz making the most of his opportunity last night and hope he gets many more. This is certainly a good chance for him to pass Watson to be the second PG.

Reaction Score
Bazz played 30 mins to Elrid Payton's 29. Payton was only 1-13 which is awful, but he also had 10 rebounds, 8 assists, and only 1 TO.

Glad to see Bazz making the most of his opportunity last night and hope he gets many more. This is certainly a good chance for him to pass Watson to be the second PG.

Those are nice secondary stats but thats an awful game. I'm not sure you can win in today's NBA with a PG who can't shoot a lick.

Reaction Score

I think Bazz will definitely pass Watson to be the second PG.

Regarding Payton, he is a good pg, but he can't shoot. His fg% last year was 42.5% and 3 point % was 26.2%. That is similar to Rajon Rondo type shooting. Payton needs to be other wordly in other aspects to make up for his horrible shooting and also be surrounded by other shooters. He is a very good distributor and defender, and will definitely be the starting pg for Orlando, but if Bazz can shoot well this season he could get a lot of run time.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Those are nice secondary stats but thats an awful game. I'm not sure you can win in today's NBA with a PG who can't shoot a lick.
Unfortunately, like Kemba. I think he was like 2-11 last night. His shooting % is higher than normal so far, though. He's at like 42% which is better than normal for him.

Reaction Score
I think Bazz will definitely pass Watson to be the second PG.

Regarding Payton, he is a good pg, but he can't shoot. His fg% last year was 42.5% and 3 point % was 26.2%. That is similar to Rajon Rondo type shooting. Payton needs to be other wordly in other aspects to make up for his horrible shooting and also be surrounded by other shooters. He is a very good distributor and defender, and will definitely be the starting pg for Orlando, but if Bazz can shoot well this season he could get a lot of run time.

I agree that Payton's shooting is inexcusable for a starting PG - and it should hopefully end up opening up some more PT for Shabazz. Payton will still have a use to the team since the other aspects of his game are pretty darn good - it's hard to keep a guy like that off the floor.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
NO Rebounds, NO Blocks - sorry Bazz you are benched......
Love the kids game!!!!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
if bazz can continue to develop as a shooter, he should find a solid role in the nba. shooters usually do.

note, i don't watch the NBA, i just like to opine on it. ha

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
if bazz can continue to develop as a shooter, he should find a solid role in the nba. shooters usually do.

note, i don't watch the NBA, i just like to opine on it. ha

Reaction Score
Kobe looking like "wow I'm way too old for this game".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom