Reaction Score
averaged 19.3 points, 17 rebounds, and 8.8 blocks per game last season

Shazam!
gomer-pyle.jpg

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Is it Zack brown to uconn or a invite to the b1g....

Way to make vaguely disappoint with a great recruiting pick up.

Jerk.;)

Reaction Score
Strictly speaking, the news today was good... but it wasn't "good news."

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
so did anything actually happen
Kid had a great time on the unofficial. UConn leads but he wants to continue the process. In home visits with Miami and North Carolina State this week.

Reaction Score
Remember that he's 2017 and not 2016. There's no need for a 2017 recruit to commit this early. Stuff changes, things happen, etc. If I were him, even if I loved UConn, I wouldn't commit at this time. Plus, Ollie would just have to babysit him and continue to recruit him for the next year anyway.

Reaction Score
Let's remember that for most recruits like Brown, a verbal this early is easy to give because other than to fans on message boards it doesn't mean crap anyway. However, given that Brown is close to 'Bo, he probably is not going to give UConn a "soft" verbal, but will wait until he's fairly comfortable that fifteen months from now he will actually be signing with us.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'll take the early verbal. KO will have to be in contact with this kid throughout the interval until he steps on campus or decides to go elsewhere so nothing would be different.

Regarding the fans it would build on the excitement we're already having. Some might like to space things out. Some might be afraid to get hopes up only to have them dashed with a change of heart like occurred with Prince Ali. I understand the dangers of early commitments and how it could feel like a punch in the gut if the recruits change their minds. But the opposite is also true.

If he makes and keeps the commitment we have that much more time to celebrate. His commitment generates excitement amongst other recruits potentially influencing their decisions to come to UConn. It adds to the buzz and keeps UConn in many people's minds as a top bb program and that could significantly impact considerations with the next CR movement and/or future media contracts. It continues the excitement for creating bb games with other elite programs. The sports networks examine rosters the same way we see the sophisticated posters in this forum and evaluate if those rosters are elite or mediocre. And they will push for certain match ups accordingly. This increases the excitement of our schedule. Furthermore the networks will promote those elite games which continues the positive buzz for UConn.

And for those of us who dislike some other programs and their fans, it would cause those programs and fans agita.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom