Good News For Shabazz | The Boneyard

Good News For Shabazz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bazz defense will determine his career. His offense is streaky but that is very typical in the NBA. To this point he has been a liability on defense. It will be difficult for him given his physical limitations. But as a Huskies fan I will never bet against him.

Reaction Score
Bazz defense will determine his career. His offense is streaky but that is very typical in the NBA. To this point he has been a liability on defense. It will be difficult for him given his physical limitations. But as a Huskies fan I will never bet against him.
Why do posters keep saying this? I wouldn't call him streaky, he has shot terribly and has not played with confidence on offense for the most part his first two years. No doubt his defense needs work but he also needs his confidence back in his jumper in order to survive. To his credit he has looked more sure of himself and in attack mode in the preseason, and I would assume in practice as well based on the reports that have been written.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
statistician/insider for ESPN. i have to agree i am , pleasantly, surprised that the blazers are high on him.
I saw 3 of their preseason games and Bazz did extremely well in one, very well in another and in the third he played really nice D and passed well but only scored a few
In comparative to the past few seasons - almost night and day
Either he knows this is it or he feels he fits in well - probably both
Last year he would sit at end of bench with little emotion - this preseason he was one of the first ones up, a big smile and slapping 5s all over

Reaction Score
Wow I wonder if getting far away from home made a difference. He's on the other side of the country and performing well.

He deserves to be in the league. He outplayed every guard his age who's in the NBA while in college.

Reaction Score
Wow I wonder if getting far away from home made a difference. He's on the other side of the country and performing well.

He deserves to be in the league. He outplayed every guard his age who's in the NBA while in college.
orlando and Miami aren't exactly located near Mass. He's played well in the preseason for both Miami and Orlando, hopefully it carries over into the regular season if he gets some opportunities. It will be tough with CJM and Turner also having the ability to play point in staggered rotations behind Dame.

Reaction Score
Portland is a great place for him to succeed. A little less pressure than a place like Miami with Wade, good offense that spaces the floor, lots of 3-point opportunities.

Reaction Score
Portland is rebuilding his mental strength. They are very good at taking talented guys that have been struggling and building them back up. Very smart and patiently run organization.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Luckily for Bazz, at this moment I'd say his closest active player comparison is CJ McCollum with better handles + vision and less size and scoring. The Blazers did a wonderful job developing him slowly and not throwing him into the fire directly. He was a player many were skeptical about how much impact he could have but when Portland thought he was ready he came in and scored 20ppg almost instantly. Him and Lillard are near perfect role models for Shabazz Napier.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, he is one of my favorite Huskies too. He may have some defensive liabilities but he has great quick hands.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
His 4th year option which the Blazers exercised is worth over $2.3M for the 2017-2018 season.
According to Basketball-Reference:
14-15 $1,238,640
15-16 $1,294,440
16-17 $1,350,120
17-18 $2,361,360

4 year total: $6,244,560. Not bad and if he was smart with it, set for life (unlike the reference to the $8M settlement that was gone in 9 years without living lavishly).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
4 year total: $6,244,560. Not bad and if he was smart with it, set for life (unlike the reference to the $8M settlement that was gone in 9 years without living lavishly).

hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99