Good News for Away Games For Newest BE | The Boneyard

Good News for Away Games For Newest BE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For anyone who plans on going to away games in Memphis, Houston or Dallas, there's some very good beers to be drank at the Flying Saucer.
I've been to two of them. Nice mixture of good beer and low key atmosphere.

http://www.beerknurd.com/

And for anyone going out to San Diego, the Gaslamp district will meet anyone's needs for food and entertainment. The Yard House has one of the best selections of beers anywhere. They've got a few locations on the east coast too.

http://www.yardhouse.com/default.aspx

So if you plan on going to these games and need a couple of good beers to help ease the cost of flight, hotel, game ticket and entertainment, there are some good options.

Reaction Score
Being that the trip to SDSU is far and expensive, if we don't go, does that mean as fans we're not all in?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Yardhouse is great, we have one in Dedham MA, perfect happy hour hotspot.

I did not get to spend a lot of time in San Diego when I visited, but it was nice and the Gaslamp district was cool. Ate dinner while watching a flamenco dancer. Another restaurant had belly dancing. There was a lot of scenery as well, my old roommate (used to live in SD) always said that a San Diego "6" was a Boston "8".

Reaction Score
Being that the trip to SDSU is far and expensive, if we don't go, does that mean as fans we're not all in?

Please stop.

This fanbase doesn't really travel. Maybe they will when we go to "Convention" towns like San Diego & Orlando. I have been to UConn away games in Buffalo (didn't see you), Syracuse, BC, Pitt, Cincinnati, Louisville, Georgia Tech etc. And, frankly, we still have not (as a collective) exercised this aspect of being a real football Program. I do think it is coming. Not fast enough. So ... San Diego OR Morgantown? What does it matter?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Chin, I like your taste in watering holes. Been to a few Flying Saucers... they are terrific.

Reaction Score
Memphis, Houston and Dallas........I honestly think college football has lost its mind.

Hey, "I'm all in". They will probably put a Husky banner on my coffin. But this loss of a regional identity is no small issue and college football will end up paying a price for it.

Reaction Score
Please stop.

This fanbase doesn't really travel. Maybe they will when we go to "Convention" towns like San Diego & Orlando. I have been to UConn away games in Buffalo (didn't see you), Syracuse, BC, Pitt, Cincinnati, Louisville, Georgia Tech etc. And, frankly, we still have not (as a collective) exercised this aspect of being a real football Program. I do think it is coming. Not fast enough. So ... San Diego OR Morgantown? What does it matter?

Apparently you didn't realize my post was a jab at Palatine. That's ok. Not everyone get's my humor.

By the way. I didn't see you at the NC, ND, USF or Pitt game I was at. Just sayin'.....

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Apparently you didn't realize my post was a jab at Palatine. That's ok. Not everyone get's my humor.

By the way. I didn't see you at the NC, ND, USF or Pitt game I was at. Just sayin'.....

I saw Pudge at the ND game.

Reaction Score
Aren't costs associated with travel pretty comparable. For example wouldn't a stay in Houston from connecticut be about the same as Florida or San Diego. Flight is just longer but I would say all these towns are within an hour of air travel and a hundred bucks of each other. Just drink cheaper beer

Reaction Score
Aren't costs associated with travel pretty comparable. For example wouldn't a stay in Houston from connecticut be about the same as Florida or San Diego. Flight is just longer but I would say all these towns are within an hour of air travel and a hundred bucks of each other. Just drink cheaper beer

Blasphemy!!!!!!!
that & i notice your avitar is an empty beer mug...
it's obvious you harbor an aversion to the exixir of the Gods
explain yourself Squire!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Blasphemy!!!!!!!
that & i notice your avitar is an empty beer mug...
it's obvious you harbor an aversion to the exixir of the Gods
explain yourself Squire!!!!!!
LOL Just saying we need to travel better as a fanbase, even at the expense of you know what... Actually its not empty its in between fillings!! Well played Mauer well played

Reaction Score

Checkout Southwest airlines, Hartford through Chicago to San Diego. You can get it done for $350 RT.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Carl, as usual, is clueless. Pittsburgh is an hour away. It's not far. You fly in there and drive to MoTown. It's much easier than teams playing at Washington State have it, but I'd say the Cougars are doing alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom