Good mojo from Goat! | The Boneyard

Good mojo from Goat!

Reaction Score
Cannot say enough about Hurley’s character to do everything to keep JC close to the program, and feel like JC has been involved in all our 5 nattys. Reading something like this make my eyes misty.

Reaction Score
Hurley is a class act. He’s really hitting his stride in terms of relationship with Calhoun, his current staff which is probably top 3 staffs if not the top staff, and his recruiting which seems to be getting the right players in the right spot.

These are the times to appreciate.

Reaction Score
Coach Calhoun loves UConn. Danny has embraced him and his legacy. He and his players benefit from JC's wisdom and it bridges the different generations of UConn players so that everyone wins. It's what championship programs do.
I always wondered if bob hurley sr and Calhoun were like besties. They seem very similar from a basketball sense. The to grandfathers with fire in the belly. A few natties and dime hof cred

Reaction Score
Calhoun tried to, but not sure he was ever able to recruit a player from Bob Hurley's program. Anyone else know?

Reaction Score
Calhoun tried to, but not sure he was ever able to recruit a player from Bob Hurley's program. Anyone else know?

I think you’re correct HH. Honestly don’t think they ever came too close to getting any of his very good players but could be wrong?

Hope you’re well;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't believe that he did. In fact, I think there was some bad blood there. I don't know why though.

I think it is terrific that Hurley makes use of the resources around him, including, of course, his dad, Calhoun, and even Auriemma. I know he's got a pretty diverse network. I believe he reached out to Billy Donovan to talk with him about the difficulties of repeating.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I always wondered if bob hurley sr and Calhoun were like besties. They seem very similar from a basketball sense. The to grandfathers with fire in the belly. A few natties and dime hof cred
I believe the issue was that they were too similar. The story many decades ago was that they didn't really get along., I have no doubt that each respected the other tremendously and I imagine that over the years each has mellowed quite a bit so I would believe they get along now.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I love my avatar, but the fact that he didn't get along with someone just doesn't surprise me

UCONN IS JIM CALHOUN, AND JIM CALHOUN IS UCONN

Capitalized for emphasis

I don't think the kids around here know this

Reaction Score
You kidding? You put 2 ornery pit bulls in the same room and only one is coming out. I’ll take the Boston guy.

Reaction Score
This is why Hurley is great. Uconn nation has solidified their southern flank in New Jersey with the Hurley family. Uconn is truly the King of the North East of the US in college basketball and the border cuts through about 20 miles north of Phili. The border used to go through Mt Vernon and Queens, the east side of NYC.

Reaction Score
At this level, I don’t think it’s uncommon for some of these personalities to conflict with each other. You don’t get to this level without a bit of alpha male in you.

Hurley doesn’t have to be friends with Calhoun. Respecting the foundation and legacy built by Calhoun along with his players is a very gracious gesture and reflective of his character. It’s what makes the UConn Basketball program a family and sets the tone for future generations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom