OT: Good Mexican Food in CT | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Good Mexican Food in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think I have ever walked in a place like that in my corner of the USA.
That's good. Unfortunately that's what most people around here think when they think Mexican food. Some combo of chicken, steak, a flour tortilla, and tons of melted cheese.

Reaction Score
Just got back from Senor Salsa's in Fairfield. Had a grande steak burrito and it was amazing. There was also a fellow with a UConn jacket in there. Good times.

I love this place. Nothing fancy but they have damn good burritos with perfectly seasoned skirt steak. Cheaper, and better than Chipotle, Q'doba, insert Chain, etc.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I love this place. Nothing fancy but they have damn good burritos with perfectly seasoned skirt steak. Cheaper, and better than Chipotle, Q'doba, insert Chain, etc.
I agree, plus bigger proportions. You live in the Fairfield area? Maybe a possible bar-watch?

Reaction Score
I agree, plus bigger proportions. You live in the Fairfield area? Maybe a possible bar-watch?

I'll be out of state for much of this season but I'll be around for winning time, April and March. What do you think are the best game-day bars around?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I remember when I was a kid and Taco Bell came to Manchester just outside the Manchester Parkade and we were so excited to try Mexican food....

Reaction Score
Besito in West Hartford in Blue Back. Beautiful space, upscale and excellent food. Classy place for a nice occasion. Highly recommend.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
My girl's mom is Mexican and she likes Fiesta Cinco De Mayo Restaurant in Willimantic. She would know. Very good and authentic as it gets in CT.

Reaction Score
RipCity said:
Taking my girlfriend out Friday before the game for our 1 year anniversary and she said she's feeling Mexican food. If anyone has suggestions ...
Which regional, or type of, Mexican food? Makes a big difference, similar to differences in regional foods in or from China, India, Brazil, etc.

Reaction Score
Best Mexican joint I have ever been to was Señor Frogs in Cozumel. Where else can you do shots from between some pretty decent cleavage while the waitress is holding on to your package?.........

Oh yeah, not to mention your wife and friends are at the table also.:D

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Good things DO come in small packages. It's tiny, but a to do place for lunch.
Funny! I thought you were responding to the post and poster just before yours. And then I saw you were responding to Byron Lord and not @mauconnfan

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Best Mexican joint I have ever been to was Señor Frogs in Cozumel. Where else can you do shots from between some pretty decent cleavage while the waitress is holding on to your package?....

Oh yeah, not to mention your wife and friends are at the table also.:D
Good things DO come in small packages. It's tiny, but a to do place for lunch.
Funny! I thought you were responding to the post and poster that came out just before this post. And then I realized you were responding to Byron Lord and not to @mauconnfan

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Or you are playing pompous a . Another possibility.

Was that even slightly necessary? Is dickishness becoming the norm around here? Like calling other people's opinion "garbage"?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Was that even slightly necessary? Is dickishness becoming the norm around here? Like calling other people's opinion "garbage"?
I gave you a like. But I have to wonder if you are guilty with your own argument.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
My wife and I are Coyote Blue (Middletown) sycophants. Our annual December dinner sees me downing 3 Herraduro Reposado margaritas and we share a Coyote Coffe at the end. The nose id tingling and the drive home is barely remembered the next day.

Ariba!!!

haha. Yeah. I can't believe I forgot about Coyote Blue. Is that really in middletown? Exit 10 off Rte 9? I go there fairly often, food is decent, but yeah the margaritas knock you for a loop. The drunkest Ive ever seen my mother in my whole life was last year there after 2 margaritas.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'll be out of state for much of this season but I'll be around for winning time, April and March. What do you think are the best game-day bars around?
Anywhere in Norwalk or Stamford I would guess...

Reaction Score
Or you are playing pompous a . Another possibility.
Not too sure how I come off in that way. Giving an opinion and being somewhat knowledgeable when it comes to a certain topic is frowned upon by you I guess. Good to know.

Reaction Score
haha. Yeah. I can't believe I forgot about Coyote Blue. Is that really in middletown? Exit 10 off Rte 9? I go there fairly often, food is decent, but yeah the margaritas knock you for a loop. The drunkest Ive ever seen my mother in my whole life was last year there after 2 margaritas.

Those margaritas are deadly. My parents and I went there about 10 years ago before they attempted to enforce the two margaritas max rule. We all had three and needless to say both my parents hugged the toilet at the end of the night. A night to remember.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This explains why the friends of ours who keep asking us to join them for dinner at Coyote Blue always talk about the margaritas when I ask them about the food.

Me: Like what kind of Mexican food is it? The menu looks pretty basic; do they have specials?

Them: We don't remember, but the margaritas are awesome!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
BTW, speaking of margaritas, I think we've touched on this before, but Herradura Anejo (gold) is my standard house tequila, and I don't usually order margaritas out because I make such damn good ones myself, and I hate sour mix. Well, if that's your bent as well, there is a relatively new product to look for and keep in your fridge for the times when you don't have a ton of limes, or you don't feel like squeezing them:

RIPEMargBottle2.png

It's a local company, from New Haven, and I have been seeing them in more and more stores, so ask for it if you don't see it at yours: https://www.drinkripe.com/. I use very little and one bottle has lasted a few weeks in the fridge; I've probably gotten around a dozen margaritas out of it, with maybe one left, but I have added some of my own citrus as well.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Those margaritas are deadly. My parents and I went there about 10 years ago before they attempted to enforce the two margaritas max rule. We all had three and needless to say both my parents hugged the toilet at the end of the night. A night to remember.

The "trick" is to down 1 or 2 while you wait for the table. Then get to your table fresh for 1 more. Don't think about a second one for your own safety.

They have their classic sour mix but also have a skinny mix that adds 1.50 to the price. Meh

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Milagros in the Stonington Borough is fantastic. Margaritas are exceptional as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom