Good Luck this Season Former Huskies | The Boneyard

Good Luck this Season Former Huskies

Reaction Score
Good luck this season Naheim Alleyne, Corey Floyd Jr, Rashool Diggins and Akok Akok. Hope you all have great seasons and good luck. Thanks for the championship Naheim.
Forgot about Richie Springs. I watched a bit of UMass vs. QU a couple of nights ago. Springs looked like the only well coached player on either team. He showed a nice touch from 10 feet in. He just didn't have the speed to play at a high D1 level. Diggins had a decent game but UMass is an absolutely horrible team. They look like a poor man's St. John's, which isn't a compliment.

Against Michigan, Alleyne looked like he did during the first half of last season, jacking up shots every chance he could. The first three times I saw him touch the ball, he shot it all three times without any passing. St. John's is a mess right now. Pitino needs to get them playing as a team. Soriano is playing well but the rest of the team is awful. No defense and overeager to jack up bad shots. Pitino needs to do the best coaching job of his career to get them into the tournament.

Reaction Score
I was curious about Rahsool and why he only averaged 5 ppg last year at UMass. I don't know much about the UMass roster, but he only started 10 games, I thought that was interesting

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I don't know if Akok has been cleared to resume playing yet. He collapsed on court during an exhibition game a couple weeks back.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I was curious about Rahsool and why he only averaged 5 ppg last year at UMass. I don't know much about the UMass roster, but he only started 10 games, I thought that was interesting
Coming back from not playing basketball for a year can be hard.

Reaction Score
Good luck this season Naheim Alleyne, Corey Floyd Jr, Rashool Diggins and Akok Akok. Hope you all have great seasons and good luck. Thanks for the championship Naheim.
Sorry -- I do wish nothing but the best for Springs, Akok and Alleyne, and I can even suck it up and root for Diggins, who probably just wasn't good enough to play at our level, but Corey Floyd -- nope. Don't wish him any harm, but I'd be lying if I said I was rooting for him.

Reaction Score
Early season check in. I’ll definitely be watching everyone as the year progresses since everyone has played 2-3 games only

• Alleyne - 5.5 PPG, 1.0 RPG shooting 25% FG / 30% 3P
  • CFJ - 4.3 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 2.0 APG shooting 35/11
  • Rahsool - 18 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 1.5 APG shooting 54/46
  • Akok - hasn’t played yet after his health scare
  • Gaffney - 4.0 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 3.0 APG shooting 60/50
  • Richie - 11.7 PPG, 6.7 RPG shooting 73%

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Sorry -- I do wish nothing but the best for Springs, Akok and Alleyne, and I can even suck it up and root for Diggins, who probably just wasn't good enough to play at our level, but Corey Floyd -- nope. Don't wish him any harm, but I'd be lying if I said I was rooting for him.
I'm not rooting for him either, just watching in wonder. What an odd series of choices he's made

Reaction Score
Early season check in. I’ll definitely be watching everyone as the year progresses since everyone has played 2-3 games only

• Alleyne - 5.5 PPG, 1.0 RPG shooting 25% FG / 30% 3P
  • CFJ - 4.3 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 2.0 APG shooting 35/11
  • Rahsool - 18 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 1.5 APG shooting 54/46
  • Akok - hasn’t played yet after his health scare
  • Gaffney - 4.0 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 3.0 APG shooting 60/50
  • Richie - 11.7 PPG, 6.7 RPG shooting 73%
I totally forgot Gaffney was still playing. What a remarkable story. Two players left UConn, run off by the fanbase who didn't think they were good enough to help us win, and ended up playing in Final Fours. Talk about high standards!

Reaction Score
My bad. I thought for some reason Josh Carlton's Houston Cougars made the Final Four. They did not. They came up one game shy.
Carlton was better than his critics on the Boneyard thought .
He had too problems one he was a bad fit for Hurley’s D . Two Sanogo was better than him .
He was a nice match up piece but that’s a luxury and not a true rotation player . I would advise any kids. In his situation to transfer . He would have helped against the Creighton type bigs but for the most part he was buried .
He had a nice run at Houston got noticed and averaged a double or close to it in the Top French league so he is being paid well.
Gaffney was a freshman in 2019-20 so this is only his 5th ( Covid Year ) Seems longer than that .

Reaction Score
look bay GIF

(get well soon Akok)

Reaction Score
Carlton was better than his critics on the Boneyard thought .
He had too problems one he was a bad fit for Hurley’s D . Two Sanogo was better than him .
He was a nice match up piece but that’s a luxury and not a true rotation player . I would advise any kids. In his situation to transfer . He would have helped against the Creighton type bigs but for the most part he was buried .
He had a nice run at Houston got noticed and averaged a double or close to it in the Top French league so he is being paid well.
Gaffney was a freshman in 2019-20 so this is only his 5th ( Covid Year ) Seems longer than that .
I know they played different positions but I think Whaley staying meant there was no real shot at minutes. I wonder if Sanogo would have started shooting the ball more earlier if they tried starting them together. I’m not at all saying it would have worked well (I think Josh improved but it was amplified by his fit on Houston) but I wonder if that’s how it would have played out.

Sanogo is still the incoming freshman I was most excited about in the Hurley era but I really wanted Rashool to work out. I’m glad he found his place.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The disrespect shown to Emmett Hendry in this thread is outrageous. Not sure how hell manage this season without message board posters rooting for him.

Reaction Score
Against Michigan, Alleyne looked like he did during the first half of last season, jacking up shots every chance he could. The first three times I saw him touch the ball, he shot it all three times without any passing. St. John's is a mess right now. Pitino needs to get them playing as a team. Soriano is playing well but the rest of the team is awful. No defense and overeager to jack up bad shots. Pitino needs to do the best coaching job of his career to get them into the tournament.
I guess when u have a team of hired guns…they all want to shoot

Reaction Score
Why do you need to "suck it up" to root for Diggins, how did he offend you?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I totally forgot Gaffney was still playing. What a remarkable story. Two players left UConn, run off by the fanbase who didn't think they were good enough to help us win, and ended up playing in Final Fours. Talk about high standards!
Run off by the fanbase?

Reaction Score
I know they played different positions but I think Whaley staying meant there was no real shot at minutes. I wonder if Sanogo would have started shooting the ball more earlier if they tried starting them together.
The problem was really moreso on the defensive end. Carlton and Sanogo (especially freshman Sanogo) struggled to defend the pick and roll. Neither was really a rim protector or had the lateral quickness to hedge like Whaley could. Whaley could defend the 4/5 and could spend less time outside the paint on offense, just made the roster construction a lot healthier.

Carlton and Sanogo really were just too similar except Sanogo was 3 years younger, so naturally Carlton got pushed out.

Reaction Score
Why do you need to "suck it up" to root for Diggins, how did he offend you?
I have to justify why I don't root for him aggressively enough? Really?

I could be wrong -- it's not like I know the young man -- but his body language to me always screamed that he wanted to be on the court, even though his first UMass clearly showed he wasn't yet ready to help a program at our level.

Reaction Score

Gaffney isn’t good enough for anything besides the Diarra role, and Diarra may be out of the rotation soon. And plenty of notable posters were unhappy to replace Gaffney with Newton.

Reaction Score
Gaffney isn’t good enough for anything besides the Diarra role, and Diarra may be out of the rotation soon. And plenty of notable posters were unhappy to replace Gaffney with Newton.
Sorry, Diarra is a world better than Gaffney. Better handle, better defense. And Newton is 10x Diarra.

Reaction Score
I have to justify why I don't root for him aggressively enough? Really?

I could be wrong -- it's not like I know the young man -- but his body language to me always screamed that he wanted to be on the court, even though his first UMass clearly showed he wasn't yet ready to help a program at our level.
you don't have to root for him at all, I'm just confused as to why you would need to muster or suck up the energy to root for him, as if he personally aggrieved you. if that sounds normal to you then that's how you feel, I'm not going to change your mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom