Good day for Cinci? | The Boneyard

Good day for Cinci?

Reaction Score
Pounded decent SMU team and now Ore us down 28.

If that holds, they move up to 4, and that’s before Bama faces Georgia. Even if Oklahoma crushes Okl St two weeks in a row, don’t see that as enough to pass the Bearcats.

Of course Cin still needs to beat ECar and Houston

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
While I despise the idea and believe it is complete BS, I'm convinced the committee will move ND ahead of Cincinnati (even though Cincy beat them comfortably in early October) if ND beats Stanford. They'll use excuses like strength of schedule and ND playing its best football in November to justify it but the reality is, if there is any chance to bump Cincinnati they will jump on it.

Also, don't be surprised if a two loss Alabama remains ahead of the Bearcats.

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
I would hope that cincy would make it into the playoff. Heading Lee Corso on college gameday today was sad. He straight up said a team outside of the power 5 should not make it into the playoff over a power 5 team with 1 loss. That essentially closes off the playoff to any g5 team - with very few exceptions/circumstances. Luckily for cincy they will be in the big 12 shortly and will have a shot at it. I just found it very frustrating to hear that on national tv.

Reaction Score
Michigan as 4. Cincinnati as 5. Cincinnati isn't getting in from aac they should be more concerned if they would have made it from the new big 12. That is what they need to hope for some day.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Michigan as 4. Cincinnati as 5. Cincinnati isn't getting in from aac they should be more concerned if they would have made it from the new big 12. That is what they need to hope for some day.
Michigan is going to get rolled by Ohio State. 2 losses, out.

Reaction Score
While I despise the idea and believe it is complete BS, I'm convinced the committee will move ND ahead of Cincinnati (even though Cincy beat them comfortably in early October) if ND beats Stanford. They'll use excuses like strength of schedule and ND playing its best football in November to justify it but the reality is, if there is any chance to bump Cincinnati they will jump on it.

Also, don't be surprised if a two loss Alabama remains ahead of the Bearcats.
If Cincinnati is 13-0 and gets excluded then who ever wins the playoff series will really not be any more than the P5 club champion.
I don’t believe they want to deligitmize a good thing just to exclude a G5 school.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Cincy needs Houston to crush UConn b4 they crush Cougars. Anything less gives committee reason to rank Cincy #5

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
"Cincinnati let Cougars within 2 scores a week after Houston only beat UConn by 20"
If only there was precedent for a late season Houston loss to UConn keeping an AAC team out of the Playoff

Reaction Score
I feel like this is going to break right for Cincy. Michigan or Ohio State will have two losses. Alabama could (I think they will) have two losses. They have head to head on ND. It has to be there for them, just has to be.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As much as I would like to see Cincy get in, the selection committee won't let it happen.

Reaction Score
Right now, they’re in. UGA, BAMA, BUCKS, and BEARCATS

Cincy and Bama should be flipped. The OSU loss to Oregon is no less bad now but at least OSU has a few quality wins. Bama not so much.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
While I believe an Unbeaten Cincinnati absolutely deserves a spot in the playoffs, the committee's position will be:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Its going to be UGA, Bama, the Big Ten champion and ND if they win out. Get your popcorn and call the pretzel factory for the explanation that will follow.

Reaction Score
Tomorrow night:
1. UGA
2. OHIO St
3. ALA
4. CINCY
5. Michigan
6. Notre Dame
7. OK St
If Cincy beats Houston and finishes undefeated—they’re in.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Its going to be UGA, Bama, the Big Ten champion and ND if they win out. Get your popcorn and call the pretzel factory for the explanation that will follow.
It will be interesting. ND could have lost to any other top 20 team, and they would be above Cincy. But their loss is Cincy....seems impossible that ND could jump Cincy...doesn't it? Lol.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It will be interesting. ND could have lost to any other top 20 team, and they would be above Cincy. But their loss is Cincy....seems impossible that ND could jump Cincy...doesn't it? Lol.
That ND Purdue win will suddenly be worth a bajillion credibility points and Cincy beating a now unranked Houston team will be worth squat. If that fails, ND will just look better or have a better ranking at one individual unit on defense.

The committee could stick it to ND too as they don't really have friends in the room, Then they'll have to worry about OKST being a B12 Champs with wins over OU and Baylor being better than Cincy's win over ND.

There is always an excuse, because a 2 loss Bama team could never be dropped even though they really beat no one. Their best win is either Ole Miss or this past week against Arkansas.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Honest q - do u really believe cinch is one of top 4 programs in country?

They’d fall in middle of SEC West pack.

I’d like to think a non-P school could make it, but in games I’ve seen them, they’ve struggled against bad teams like navy, Tulsa and usf. And anyone impressed with that Indiana game now? It’s not there fault the conf is very weak this year, but it doesn’t help. Said differently, see them winning big 12 or even big 10 this year?

Reaction Score
Honest q - do u really believe cinch is one of top 4 programs in country?

They’d fall in middle of SEC West pack.

I’d like to think a non-P school could make it, but in games I’ve seen them, they’ve struggled against bad teams like navy, Tulsa and usf. And anyone impressed with that Indiana game now? It’s not there fault the conf is very weak this year, but it doesn’t help. Said differently, see them winning big 12 or even big 10 this year?
This is exactly the way to look at it. For all its flaws, I think the CFP committee is truly trying to identify the best 4 teams. In that light, ranking Cincy 5th is generous, in my opinion. My guess is that there are more than 4 teams that would be favored over Cincy on a neutral field.

Reaction Score
This is exactly the way to look at it. For all its flaws, I think the CFP committee is truly trying to identify the best 4 teams. In that light, ranking Cincy 5th is generous, in my opinion. My guess is that there are more than 4 teams that would be favored over Cincy on a neutral field.
The games should matter. Bama should be no higher than #4 at this point. Beating Auburn and losing to Georgia would absolutely drop them out of the top 4 if they were Auburn, A&M or name your other SEC team. The committee is putting their bias and their career interests over what's right. The real conversation should be whether Cincinnati goes #2 or #3 if they run the table, not whether they get in over 1 or 2 loss Cartel members. There should be a controversy over number 4 but it shouldn't involve Cincinnati. They did what they needed to do up to this point.

Reaction Score
The games should matter. Bama should be no higher than #4 at this point. Beating Auburn and losing to Georgia would absolutely drop them out of the top 4 if they were Auburn, A&M or name your other SEC team. The committee is putting their bias and their career interests over what's right. The real conversation should be whether Cincinnati goes #2 or #3 if they run the table, not whether they get in over 1 or 2 loss Cartel members. There should be a controversy over number 4 but it shouldn't involve Cincinnati. They did what they needed to do up to this point.
So you think only 1 or 2 teams would be favored over Cincinnati on a neutral field?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
So you think only 1 or 2 teams would be favored over Cincinnati on a neutral field?
That's a good way to think about it....who would be favored? We know lines aren't necessarily set based on who is best...but it's a good indicator.

I would guess that Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State and Michigan would be favored over Cincy right now. I think ND would be a pickem'.

Reaction Score
If Bama beats UGA in a close game they should be in the playoff. If UGA dismisses Bama, as I think they will, Bama should be out. The question is who is the fourth team?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom