Good article on the state of the woman’s and men’s basketball programs through this point in the season. | The Boneyard

Good article on the state of the woman’s and men’s basketball programs through this point in the season.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not many people in either forum (mens and women basketball) are dedicated fans to both programs.

I know you are. So am I. When things go well we get double the pleasure during the basketball season.

Interesting player similarity between Andre Jackson and Nike Muhl in that they both value defense and getting assists more than scoring. Both can be considered their teams leader. Andre of course is a point wing but he's about the only player that matches Nika's defensive intensity.

And Azzi and Jordan both have beautiful shots from three with incredibly quick releases. That's all I got other than that UConn is the only program with two NC titles in the same year. Hoping for a third.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Interesting player similarity between Andre Jackson and Nike Muhl in that they both value defense and getting assists more than scoring. Andre of course is a point wing but he's about the only player that matches Nika's defensive intensity
This is a really good point that hadn’t occurred to me. The other obvious comparison is the selfless nature of the two teams. There is a lot of talent on each, but players are focusing on team, rather than individual goals. I suppose another similarity is the emergence of a sophomore superstar, whose freshman season, didn’t fully live up to its expectations. You know, when you think about it, they really are very analogous his teams.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This is a really good point that hadn’t occurred to me. The other obvious comparison is the selfless nature of the two teams. There is a lot of talent on each, but players are focusing on team, rather than individual goals. I suppose another similarity is the emergence of a sophomore superstar, whose freshman season, didn’t fully live up to its expectations. You know, when you think about it, they really are very analogous his teams.
Add both teams have multiple three point shooters, no position weaknesses, multiple international players, both teams shoot free throws well, both teams get a lot of assists/game and both teams are getting major contributions from a transfer portal player(s)

Really hoping for Amari's development because then you can add both teams have a quality five with pro potential plus a good five backup.

The biggest difference is depth because of the injuries. Although even in that category there is some similarity unfortunately.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Add both teams have multiple three point shooters, no position weaknesses, multiple international players, both teams shoot free throws well, both teams get a lot of assists/game and both teams are getting major contributions from a transfer portal player(s)

Really hoping for Amari's development because then you can add both teams have a quality five with pro potential plus a good five backup.

The biggest difference is depth because of the injuries. Although even in that category there is some similarity unfortunately.
I thought Amari looked good in her limited minutes last night. More apparent focus in intensity. I say “apparent” because I think Amari has a little of Jeremy Lamb’s appearance of disinterest when she plays and that hurts her perception a bit. Last night it seemed as if she was making a concerted effort on focus, and her play reflected that.

Reaction Score
As a fan of both teams (and really, all UConn sports) I'm loving that both the men's and women's bb teams are thriving right now. Basketball capital of the world. :cool:

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I’m also a big fan of both.

They showed Hurley at the women’s game on Friday just behind the bench and the girls team was at the OK state game on Thursday - I think the teams are also big fans of each other!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I thought Amari looked good in her limited minutes last night. More apparent focus in intensity. I say “apparent” because I think Amari has a little of Jeremy Lamb’s appearance of disinterest when she plays and that hurts her perception a bit. Last night it seemed as if she was making a concerted effort on focus, and her play reflected that.
It certainly did. She has some really good skills. When she entered the game I said to my wife that’s the player I hope we can get some quality minutes from. We will need her tournament time. She didn’t disappoint. Best outing for her imo.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I’m also a big fan of both.

They showed Hurley at the women’s game on Friday just behind the bench and the girls team was at the OK state game on Thursday - I think the teams are also big fans of each other!
Have been for a long time.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Excellent, well written article.

There is a whole lot to like about both teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom