Gonzaga | The Boneyard

Gonzaga

Reaction Score
Why does the Boneyard change G-o-n-z-a-g-a to Gorgonzola?

JS

Reaction Score
Why does the Boneyard change G-o-n-z-a-g-a to Gorgonzola?
The site software has a keep-it-clean component that thoughtfully changes some words into others. I said in another thread that the software has a really dirty mind and sees vulgar references most of us wouldn't.

On this particular word, check out the Urban Dictionary.

Can't explain why the priggish software decided to substitute something ridiculous rather than just substitute asterisks or some such. For example, when talking about South Carolina people are sometimes perplexed after posting a reply to find that they've made reference to the Gameroosters.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I have NEVER heard that usage in my entire life. I think Urban Dictionary is making crap up. It's kind of insulting that a school can't have it's named typed out on this message board, without putting spaces in between some of the letters.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
The site software has a keep-it-clean component that thoughtfully changes some words into others. I said in another thread that the software has a really dirty mind and sees vulgar references most of us wouldn't.

On this particular word, check out the Urban Dictionary.

Can't explain why the priggish software decided to substitute something ridiculous rather than just substitute asterisks or some such. For example, when talking about South Carolina people are sometimes perplexed after posting a reply to find that they've made reference to the Gameroosters.

Well quite frankly I'm offended by the sight of this.....where do I file my complaint?

gorgonzola.JPG

Reaction Score
I have NEVER heard that usage in my entire life. I think Urban Dictionary is making crap up. It's kind of insulting that a school can't have it's named typed out on this message board, without putting spaces in between some of the letters.
What could go wrong?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
TIL that "gon-zagas" is an off-color slang term.

Reaction Score
That made me LOL...and I needed a laugh today. I was physically confronted by an angry man who thought I cut him off. A bystander had to rescue me and my heart is still pounding. I didn't even know he was following me.. Life..

Reaction Score
That made me LOL...and I needed a laugh today. I was physically confronted by an angry man who thought I cut him off. A bystander had to rescue me and my heart is still pounding. I didn't even know he was following me.. Life..
I want to apologize on behalf of the human race. That shouldn't have happened. So sorry.

Reaction Score
Wait. We can talk about the gamecocks, but not gon z a g a? Does this seem a little backwards to anyone else? I mean, I think we can all giggle at gamecocks without urban dictionary to help us out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It'd be funny if it weren't so sad. Some of the words the site's engine won't let us spell out are beyond insulting, especially for a board dedicated to the goings-on of a university, of all places. Maybe we should say it with pictures: how about an emoji for the mascot of the school that sort of sounds like an Italian cheese?
Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 6.25.26 PM.png

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Me neither. Just when you thought you'd heard them all.

Reaction Score
I want to apologize on behalf of the human race. That shouldn't have happened. So sorry.
Thanks. Scared the you-know-whatcout if me. Thank goodness there were people nearby. I’m also glad I was in a store parking lot and not my driveway.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Is this new software that is being used? Because I know I've typed Gon zaga before on this board w/ no auto editing happening.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I don't know about Gon zaga but I know that over the last 4 years I've gone gaga over Gabby's play.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

We could develope a secret code for the University in question. We could call the Blue Cheesers. Knowing the foibles of the site software we'd instantly know the Gorgonzolers were who we were really talking about. Simple is it not?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't know about Gon zaga but I know that over the last 4 years I've gone gaga over Gabby's play.
I'm surprised the software doesn't change the word software.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom