Gonzaga 5 and UConn 38 in TV Power Rankings | The Boneyard

Gonzaga 5 and UConn 38 in TV Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Was surprised to see we were that low in this metric if it is only basketball. Thinking of all the women’s championships, fans usually gravitate to winning programs. Just can’t make up the numbers and get increased fan base with success in college sports. Big universities big fan bases. Gonzaga it appears is more like able than us on a national level. Not sure what their annual enrollment number is, but it is certainly much less than UConn’s.

TV power numbers….never heard of them before.

Makes our dominance on a national level even more impressive…..since the networks certainly aren’t rooting for us!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Was surprised to see we were that low in this metric if it is only basketball. Thinking of all the women’s championships, fans usually gravitate to winning programs. Just can’t make up the numbers and get increased fan base with success in college sports. Big universities big fan bases. Gonzaga it appears is more like able than us on a national level. Not sure what their annual enrollment number is, but it is certainly much less than UConn’s.

TV power numbers….never heard of them before.

Makes our dominance on a national level even more impressive…..since the networks certainly aren’t rooting for us!
Sounds like BS to me. Gonzaga is massively overrated in terms of following.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We've had a few disastrous years, the stars are aligned once again

Hence the Big 12 is even looking at us

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Are Gonzaga's conference games even broadcast over cable? I thought they were mainly an ESPN + or streaming only product

Reaction Score
Someone better tell Gonzaga to stay in there lane on this one.

Reaction Score
Are Gonzaga's conference games even broadcast over cable? I thought they were mainly an ESPN + or streaming only product
Mostly no. What they probably did is look at the few games against Michigan State or UNC that air on ESPN or FOX or CBS and say look 1 million viewers and then have no rating for Gonzaga v. San Francisco on ESPN+ and say the average is 1 million, #5 power ranking and call it a day. So it's a completely useless metric since any other serious program plays the bulk of their games on FS1, ESPN2, ACCN, SECN, etc.

Reaction Score
Mostly no. What they probably did is look at the few games against Michigan State or UNC that air on ESPN or FOX or CBS and say look 1 million viewers and then have no rating for Gonzaga v. San Francisco on ESPN+ and say the average is 1 million, #5 power ranking and call it a day. So it's a completely useless metric since any other serious program plays the bulk of their games on FS1, ESPN2, ACCN, SECN, etc.
This. Their analysis of statistics was almost certainly correct (because if it wasn't the conference would figure that out with their consultants). But the fact that a statistic is accurate doesn't mean you didn't cherry pick the statistic to make your point when more balanced statistics would have made a different one.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
We've had a few disastrous years, the stars are aligned once again

Hence the Big 12 is even looking at us
Yes, and the sources are very good that is happening at the very least. Stop being a whiny man

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This. Their analysis of statistics was almost certainly correct (because if it wasn't the conference would figure that out with their consultants). But the fact that a statistic is accurate doesn't mean you didn't cherry pick the statistic to make your point when more balanced statistics would have made a different one.

I believe Samuel Clemens had a saying about statistics...

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Just remember… it’s not a lie… if you believe it
george costanza comedy GIF

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Yes, and the sources are very good that is happening at the very least. Stop being a whiny man

Who's whiny? Sniff a clue someday

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
"It's all about the bucks kid. The rest is conversation."- Gordon Geko

A s-ton of money is at stake in conference realignments. There are paid posters, pollsters and scammers everywhere.

Are you telling me that UConn, a storied successful program going back almost a century, in an East Coast NYC market, with a grads all over the planet and FIVE MEN's NC's and God knows how many WOMEN's Nattys in the last quarter century, is that far behind a Johnny-Come-Lately entrant from Spokane? No. I don't think so.

Last edited:

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
agreed guys.

38 seems way too high for a team in a regional conference that no one watches.

top 50 maybe, but 38 is a joke imo.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
ah ok that makes more sense. lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Kind of had a feeling this information, even if it is BS, would get us aggravated. When I first read it I went back and read it again just to make I did not miss any qualifiers. It looks like I did. The person who developed the rankings has been hired to help sell Gonzaga to the Big 12. Unfortunately my reading comprehension skills are not what they once were, as my take was that Navigate was hired by the Big 12. So it is clearly just a sales pitch. TV Power Ranking my a…..s

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Who cares?
God I can't wait for the fall to arrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics