Gonna Be a Loooooooong Season | The Boneyard

Gonna Be a Loooooooong Season

Reaction Score
We stayed until 34 seconds left in the first half. Big day tomorrow, lots to do. Had seen enough. UConn wasn't awful in the first half, but it was obvious that they were not that good. Who said the OL is overrated? I tend to agree.

Reaction Score
We stayed until 34 seconds left in the first half. Big day tomorrow, lots to do. Had seen enough. UConn wasn't awful in the first half, but it was obvious that they were not that good. Who said the OL is overrated? I tend to agree.
Toot should have stuck around

Reaction Score
If you weren't expecting a close game against Wagner... what program have you been watching all these years?
I believe about 10 days ago I predicted a UConn win by 3 or something. You could check if you care that much. Personally I don't. I also predicted 2 wins on the season.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Long? Yes.

But better than last year. Defense actually had stops and offense has signs (minimal, bit positive) of being able to move the ball.

I am confident with at least on more win and I think three wins is still probable.

Reaction Score
Long? Yes.

But better than last year. Defense actually had stops and offense has signs (minimal, bit positive) of being able to move the ball.

I am confident with at least on more win and I think three wins is still probable.
I still think we can go six wins. I am curious how Illinois will do against Akron this weekend.

Reaction Score
unfortunately Wagner is a division 2 Texas High school team at best. So what does that mean for us? I guess we will find out.

Reaction Score
Felt like the defense was on the low end of acceptable against Wagner (14 points allowed). The offense was bad. Some of that may be the play-calling which was way too run-heavy to give any defense a reason not to load up the box and a QB who didn't show enough accuracy to take advantage of the few opportunities he was afforded. Games may be closer, as I do feel like the defense is probably better... but the offense did not look good and it's hard to envision scoring enough to win consistently. I tend to be optimistic, but while I was thinking 3-4 wins going in, I'm now down to 1-2. Wagner's not a good team, a three-point victory is disappointing, as the line was 17.5 and I went in feeling like it had to be a 21 point game to feel good about things.

Don't get me wrong, I still had fun, the beer was still cold and I'll be there each weekend I can make it cheering like hell, but I'm much more pessimistic about the season than I was going into tonight.

Reaction Score
It was worse listening to it from Long Island. Gorgeous weather, spoiled the end of our vacation. Drove the car onto the Orient Point ferry and took a nap on the way back. Couldn't take it anymore.
Sure, but which of your multiple Boneyard monikers did you forget to log out of @RSTuthill ? One post on the Orient Point ferry during the game, and a 2nd present at the Rent for most of the 1H?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Wagner is legit the worst team we’ve played in 20 years. 2-22. Hope Benedict enjoys blowing the ghost of Lou Carneseca.

Reaction Score
Sure, but which of your multiple Boneyard monikers did you forget to log out of @RSTuthill ? One post on the Orient Point ferry during the game, and a 2nd present at the Rent for most of the 1H?
Talked about the Orient Point ferry regarding the loss to Towson in what, 2013? Just for the record, I have never posted from the ferry. They just provided wifi a year or two ago and you are too far out for cell signal.

Reaction Score
Long? Yes.

3 wins!!!!!! And this was a bad FCS team

Reaction Score
Talked about the Orient Point ferry regarding the loss to Towson in what, 2013? Just for the record, I have never posted from the ferry. They just provided wifi a year or two ago and you are too far out for cell signal.
Quite frankly, no post in either thread mentioned 2013 nor that year’s Towson State game. Meager effort to duck out of the inconsistent tale.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, no post in either thread mentioned 2013 nor that year’s Towson State game. Meager effort to duck out of the inconsistent tale.
Someone said that was the worst football he had ever seen and he had been at the Rent for Towson. I replied that it was even worse listening to it (the Towson game) from Long Island. It ruined the end of our vacation. If u need me to I will start my computer to try and understand your confusion. Will that be necessary or are the antecedents clear now?

Reaction Score
Someone said that was the worst football he had ever seen and he had been at the Rent for Towson. I replied that it was even worse listening to it (the Towson game) from Long Island. It ruined the end of our vacation. If u need me to I will start my computer to try and understand your confusion. Will that be necessary or are the antecedents clear now?
Tripling down now on the 2 inconsistent message threads you initiated? All in good fun, yet any confusion’s clearly on the creator(s) of the 2 inconsistent posts.

Reaction Score
Tripling down now on the 2 inconsistent message threads you initiated? All in good fun, yet any confusion’s clearly on the creator(s) of the 2 inconsistent posts.
Will get to it sometime this werkend just for you. So, I guess the premise in the alternate universe is that we left at the half and drove to New London and caught the last ferry out of Dodge last night? And posted from onboard? Interesting idea. Tonight the MV John H leaves at 2145 but I doubt they had a boat that late last night (a Thursday, not yet the holiday weekend).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Felt like the defense was on the low end of acceptable against Wagner (14 points allowed). The offense was bad. Some of that may be the play-calling which was way too run-heavy to give any defense a reason not to load up the box and a QB who didn't show enough accuracy to take advantage of the few opportunities he was afforded. Games may be closer, as I do feel like the defense is probably better... but the offense did not look good and it's hard to envision scoring enough to win consistently. I tend to be optimistic, but while I was thinking 3-4 wins going in, I'm now down to 1-2. Wagner's not a good team, a three-point victory is disappointing, as the line was 17.5 and I went in feeling like it had to be a 21 point game to feel good about things.

Don't get me wrong, I still had fun, the beer was still cold and I'll be there each weekend I can make it cheering like hell, but I'm much more pessimistic about the season than I was going into tonight.

Yeah, 14 points, but the TD run was on busted assignments and that's correctable. Compared to last season's team the defense is miles ahead. They didn't let up extended drives nor did they allow huge yardage chunks consistently like last year's team did. Even when they played really bad team last year, the defense was shredded.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The two TOs inside the 30 were brutal and things that stopped this from being a blowout. Cash one of those in and it would have been 17-0 early third

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom