OT: Golf courses | Page 16 | The Boneyard

OT: Golf courses

Reaction Score
Totally. Have you ever played Fox Hopyard? I was expecting a similar experience at TPC, but The Hopyard was brutal. Unless you shoot par, I don't see how that place gets any return customers.

Not a fan of the Hopyard overpriced and rated. Has some great holes but too many crappy ones.

TPC playing in a couple weeks always enjoy it. You hit all the fairways? WTH how many you giving me?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Not a fan of the Hopyard overpriced and rated. Has some great holes but too many crappy ones.

TPC playing in a couple weeks always enjoy it. You hit all the fairways? WTH how many you giving me?
Honestly, the fairways at TPC are hard to miss. And we played white tees, so that helps. There's zero carry on any tee shot (Unlike Hopyard, with carries of death - lol). TPC does protect scores with long rough and tough greens. I gained so many strokes off the tee, and lost them all back, and then some, around the greens. The par 3's are not that tough either. Overall it's a really fun round, especially if you're a big fan of the Travelers and attend regularly like myself. And yes, Hopyard is both overpriced and rated - I will not be back.

Reaction Score
I'm playing 36 holes at Manchester CC in Vermont on Friday. Anyone every played that course? Playing Okemo on Saturday and always have a blast there.

By the way, please report on how Manchester CC is. I've played the Equinox course there -- I think it's run by Troon -- but never Manchester CC.

Reaction Score
Looking for suggestions for public golf courses to take my crew. We live in the Northwest Corner and have played Lyman Orchards, Tunxis, Simsbury Farms, Fairview, Stonybrook, Candlewood, Blue Fox Run, Greenwood’s, Canaan, Hotchkiss and are scheduled to play Wintonbury Hills next weekend. Always lookiing for new fun places to play.
Nicest course I played on in the area is Aspetuck Valley. Nicest course I ever played on period is the US Military course in Heidelberg Germany.

Reaction Score
Oxford greens by the airport is a good track. 2nd hole is a phenomenal par 3. The Springfield municipals Franconia and Veterans are well kept though I would lean more toward Veterans. Ledges in South Hadley is very fun.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Oxford greens by the airport is a good track. 2nd hole is a phenomenal par 3. The Springfield municipals Franconia and Veterans are well kept though I would lean more toward Veterans. Ledges in South Hadley is very fun.
Love Ledges. Kinda wacky layout, but I would go back many times.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
By the way, please report on how Manchester CC is. I've played the Equinox course there -- I think it's run by Troon -- but never Manchester CC.

0C025DF6-B38C-412B-9FC6-91B3CCDF4D01.jpeg

Will do BL. Just got back from riding quads on my buddies property and about to light up the fire pit. Chilly up here!

We got out on Manchester CC after my friend called in a few local favors. He actually owns a local swimming hole but let’s the whole mountain swim in it. We’re paying $125 with an extra $25 to play the track again after lunch.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

BL, Manchester CC is beautiful and one of the most well maintained courses I’ve played in a while. That being said, it’s not really in the mountains like Okemo is so it doesn’t offer the views or Uphill/downhill holes either. I’d play it again in a heart beat but if I had to chose, I’d play Okemo.

Update on Tater Hill is that Vail is open to selling it.

Reaction Score
BL, Manchester CC is beautiful and one of the most well maintained courses I’ve played in a while. That being said, it’s not really in the mountains like Okemo is so it doesn’t offer the views or Uphill/downhill holes either. I’d play it again in a heart beat but if I had to chose, I’d play Okemo.

Update on Tater Hill is that Vail is open to selling it.

Thanks. I'll give it a try over my summer vacation.

Reaction Score
Anyone here ever play Wethersfield Country Club? A friend of mine has a certificate to play there and playing there in a couple of weeks. I know nothing about it.

Reaction Score
Anyone here ever play Wethersfield Country Club? A friend of mine has a certificate to play there and playing there in a couple of weeks. I know nothing about it.
It’s a nice old style country club. Nothing overly special but a good course and used to host the old GHO pre-TPC

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
heard it’s a bit of a dump from a friend. Not surprising - considering it is Wethersfield.

Reaction Score

Would be a good time to play
Shenny in a week or two. Fescue is browned and the tee boxes, fairways and especially the greens are being fed and irrigated to the point that they are looking almost unnaturally green like you see on overhead shots on the pro tour. Interesting contrast almost to the point where you would find it on high desert golf.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

That was where I learned to golf as a teenager. It was a good semi-public course back in the late 70's and early 80's. I'm sure that doesn't help you now. My recollection would be not up to most nicer private courses, better than most purely public/municipal courses.

Edit: Nevermind was thinking Manchester CT CC.

Reaction Score
That was where I learned to golf as a teenager. It was a good semi-public course back in the late 70's and early 80's. I'm sure that doesn't help you now. My recollection would be not up to most nicer private courses, better than most purely public/municipal courses.

Edit: Nevermind was thinking Manchester CT CC.

LOL. Hey, you tried. I don't mind people who try being helpful even if it works out not that much.

Reaction Score
Totally. Have you ever played Fox Hopyard? I was expecting a similar experience at TPC, but The Hopyard was brutal. Unless you shoot par, I don't see how that place gets any return customers.
Yes, played Hopyard once or twice... not my favorite Fox course. Crumpin-Fox is my fav, and I've also played the one in Florida (near Tampa).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom