Goldman Sachs- Disney bundle with ESPN+ | The Boneyard

Goldman Sachs- Disney bundle with ESPN+

Reaction Score
... and they are bullish on the new streaming service Disney+, seeing it reaching 7.5 million global subscribers by 2020 and 73 million by 2025.

If ESPN+ is part of this bundle.....

Reaction Score
What about YES and SNY?

As covered in another thread...SNY coverage of UConn is TBD...to be decided only after negotiations during the next year between Disney and SNY.

As far as YES...Disney, as you know, had to sell Fox's portion....

On March 8, 2019, Fox News reported that the Yankees had reached a deal to re-purchase Fox's share in the network for $3.5 billion, with Sinclair (who is also collaborating with the Chicago Cubs on a new regional network), Amazon.com, and The Blackstone Group holding minority shares.[18] Mubadala
Development Company
, a United Arab Emirates’ sovereign wealth fund, RedBird Capital, the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan and MSD Capital were reported as minority investors. The deal will close in about 120 days.[19]

I suspect that the ACC games currently shown on YES will go to the ACCN.....the up to 10 Big East BB games that YES has been televising? I have no idea but have seen nothing to say that will not continue.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
... and they are bullish on the new streaming service Disney+, seeing it reaching 7.5 million global subscribers by 2020 and 73 million by 2025.

If ESPN+ is part of this bundle.....

If not this, then something similar to this is going to happen. Like I've said on prior posts regarding "+"... ESPN is either going to organically get ESPN+ up to the subscriber level of their flagship content, or more likely, figure out a way to bundle it into and existing service and force people to subscribe.

Reaction Score
  • The bank expects Disney to roll out a "mass market streaming bundle" with Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ for a competitive price.

• Goldman reinstates its buy rating on Disney and its 12-month price target of $142, which would translate into a 26 percent gain for the stock.
Goldman Sachs: 'It is the dawn of a new era at Disney'

Sorry but this can’t happen because it doesn’t fit the narrative of @whaler11. We all know that paid cable tv is the future of sports media and ESPN+ is a failed experiment which will mark the end of UConn and the AAC.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sorry but this can’t happen because it doesn’t fit the narrative of @whaler11. We all know that paid cable tv is the future of sports media and ESPN+ is a failed experiment which will mark the end of UConn and the AAC.

Listen you got dunked on - I wouldn’t triple down by making things up now.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I wish we were getting points on the package.

The exposure could be great, but the payout still stinks.

Yeah 12 years was not a good choice. Should have atleast put something in there to allow us to renegotiate depending on subscriber levels in a few years. Not saying AAC will be the primary draw to “+”, but we will be a big part of them keeping entertainment value to their projected 75mm subs.

Reaction Score
Listen you got dunked on - I wouldn’t triple down by making things up now.

I hope you don’t charge rent for the space I’m taking in your head. I own you son.

Reaction Score
I for HULU and ESPN+ already and a young ass kid. Bring in the bundle.

Reaction Score
The only thing you have ownership of is the fantasy chair in your parent’s basement.

LOL...don’t worry Chief. Hurleyman owns some space in your head too. Don’t be jealous.

C

Chief00

LOL...don’t worry Chief. Hurleyman owns some space in your head too. Don’t be jealous.

On the spectrum of things you should be worried about - me being jealous with you is right up there with people from Mars invading the Earth.

Reaction Score
You tagged me to your post moran.

You were tagged for a reason so you could see how your stupid predictions from 2 weeks ago are already looking pretty stupid even for you. Sorry for not responding to this sooner, the internet in my parent’s basement has been flaky the last couple of days and I couldn’t remember whether my Boneyard handle was Hurleyman215, Hurleyman216 or Hurleyman217, so it took me awhile to log in.

On a related note, do you have any more of those AOL disks that you could send me? My parents only have 2 more hours left on this current cd and I’m afraid responding to your idiotic posts about cable tv might take longer than that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom