Golden Globes nominations | The Boneyard

Golden Globes nominations

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This year's Golden Globe's nominations prove that TV has lapped movies when it comes to serious art. The fact that Marriage Story and The Irishman are both up for best picture shows how far movies have fallen. The Irishman is decent, but shouldn't be a candidate for Best Drama, and Marriage Story is self-indulgent nonsense. The Supporting Actor nominations read like lifetime achievement awards.

On the other hand, all 5 shows nominated for best TV Drama absolutely deserve it, and you could make a case for 10 more shows to get nominations. TV comedies have kicked butt in the last year. This is truly the golden age of television.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
"Unbelievable" got an impressive number of nominations, all deserved, including Kaitlyn Dever. I'm curious how it was determined Beanie Feldstein got a nom for Best Actress in a Motion Picture for "Booksmart" but they skipped Dever in that film. I thought she was at least as good as Feldstein. Maybe they figured she already got a nom in another category so they wanted to spread it around.

I've seen very few of the films that got noms and am not particularly interested in seeing most of them. There's a few I definitely want to check out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom