Golden and RJ Dill to visit UConn this weekend | The Boneyard

Golden and RJ Dill to visit UConn this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
wow this is extremely interesting. can't knock the hustle, P is getting after it on the recruit trail like this program has never seen before.

-dill graduated so if he finds a program we have that md doesn't then he can play right away. he said on twitter that he is real excited about this weekend and whats ahead for him. sounds good to me!
-golden is looking around, he went to iowa last weekend. dam iowa does work in new england and i hate it.
-on psu scout there is a hot thread but i'm not a paying member. anyone want to check it and let us know whats up?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Both would be awesome gets. Dill is a really solid player and Golden would be huge.

Reaction Score
Slotting Dill in as a tackle next year would make me feel a heck of a lot better about the OL.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Dill would be a big get for UConn at RT. I hope UConn is the fit he is looking for.

Reaction Score
Hate on Edsall all you want, but I have little doubt that he'll put in a good word about UConn.

How many ex-coaches can you really say that about?

Reaction Score
Hate on Edsall all you want, but I have little doubt that he'll put in a good word about UConn.

How many ex-coaches can you really say that about?

Agreed. High praise to Edsall for doing something that you assume he will do that he probably won't do for an athlete that is trasferring because he really doesn't care for Edsall's opinions to begin with.

Reaction Score
UConn is a HUGE opportunity right now for a WR who is looking for the chance to make a name for himself as an impact player from day one.

Reaction Score
Dill is a load size reminded me of Z Hurd. Only one yr of eligibility left?

Reaction Score
getting Dill could mean that Masters stays at gaurd.... and either Friend or Dill would be the left OT...

Reaction Score
Please Coach P, stop wasting your time with Golden!!!!!!

Didn't you see what that brilliant insider Buffet10 posted here on Nov. 11?

"Golden isn't going anywhere. He has told me that his decision is based on Penn State the school not the coach. He will be playing for Penn State."

"...it does go way beyond the coach but he picked PSU for the school atmosphere, the teachers and student body. He took his recruitment very serious when it came to his life in football and out of it. He's more than ecstatic about his opportunity to go to PSU and get a degree."

Reaction Score
I think Coach P is absolutely doing what he has to do to get an offense on the field that will let us compete. He seems to have a plan to fix what was not working.

That said, loading up on JUCOs and transfers has its risks. You can lose cohesion in the locker room if they are not the right kind of kids. Again, I think he has to take that risk. We cannot have another season with the offense like we did this past season.

Reaction Score
If Dill comes to UConn, would he count towards the 25 schollies or are there some different rules for transfers? Just curious.

Reaction Score
Agreed. High praise to Edsall for doing something that you assume he will do that he probably won't do for an athlete that is trasferring because he really doesn't care for Edsall's opinions to begin with.

Lol. Someway, somehow Edsall must be given props. I think its a rule somewhere that he must be given props in everythread. Think it has to do with the trailers.

Reaction Score

LOL. In this case even if General Rangoon put in a nice word for UConn then it probably would not be to UConn's benefit.

Reaction Score
Dill also visited Rutgers, they have a desperate at Oline, they are in the mix for him. I don't know who else Golden visited.

Reaction Score
Dill also visited Rutgers, they have a desperate at Oline, they are in the mix for him. I don't know who else Golden visited.

On the Snooki boards the denizons have been salivating over Dill for a week. Pass them a napkin please.

Reaction Score
wow this is extremely interesting. can't knock the hustle, P is getting after it on the recruit trail like this program has never seen before.

-dill graduated so if he finds a program we have that md doesn't then he can play right away. he said on twitter that he is real excited about this weekend and whats ahead for him. sounds good to me!
-golden is looking around, he went to iowa last weekend. dam iowa does work in new england and i hate it.
-on psu scout there is a hot thread but i'm not a paying member. anyone want to check it and let us know whats up?

FYI kids, Kirk Ferentz was an all-Yankee Conference linebacker playing for....UCONN....in the late 1970s. He coached for a year at UConn after graduating, then coached in Worcester, and then at PItt, then at Iowa, then head coach at Maine for a while before returning to big 10 country. He's been picking players out of the northeast for 3 decades. He's even got his name on plaques as a sponsor for the program on the equipment rooms in the football complex if I"m not mistaken.

It's nice to give the guy some competition for players, for real competition from the old alma mater. Finally.

Reaction Score
FYI kids, Kirk Ferentz was an all-Yankee Conference linebacker playing for....UCONN....in the late 1970s. ....
etc. Iowa's tentacles in CT extend beyond Ferentz. Hawkeyes' OC Ken O'Keefe was born in Milford and once was an asst coach with the Univ of New Haven.

Reaction Score
On the Snooki boards the denizons have been salivating over Dill for a week. Pass them a napkin please.
Hey, Hey! Easy on passing out their napkins! Since they owe so much on their stadium, you only get to use 63% of every napkin they stock at their stadium.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

What makes you say that? I think the guy is basically full of .

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
FYI kids, Kirk Ferentz was an all-Yankee Conference linebacker playing for....UCONN....in the late 1970s. He coached for a year at UConn after graduating, then coached in Worcester, and then at PItt, then at Iowa, then head coach at Maine for a while before returning to big 10 country. He's been picking players out of the northeast for 3 decades. He's even got his name on plaques as a sponsor for the program on the equipment rooms in the football complex if I"m not mistaken.

It's nice to give the guy some competition for players, for real competition from the old alma mater. Finally.

yes i know about the iowa staff roots but i hate em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom