Going to UCF Game | The Boneyard

Going to UCF Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Grouo of three all in! Looking forward to a good uconn turnout and hopefully shocking ucf fans.

Tailgate menu will be bacon and eggs on a hard roll cooked on my grill with some mochelob ultras to wash it down.

Although being in orlando maybe mickey waffles would be more coach cap approved

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Wow. This is some great support, everyone! I feel both ashamed and jealous that I won't be there with you. But I promise to yell my loudest while I'm watching the tv, scaring my children. When they ask me why I'm so happy, I'll say, "The Huskies are going to Disneyworld!!!" :cool:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Wow. This is some great support, everyone! I feel both ashamed and jealous that I won't be there with you. But I promise to yell my loudest while I'm watching the tv, scaring my children. When they ask me why I'm so happy, I'll say, "The Huskies are going to Disneyworld!!!" :cool:
I'm kind of looking forward to having kids so I can brainwash them in to being UConn fans. Hopefully they have a win under their belts by the time that day comes!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm kind of looking forward to having kids so I can brainwash them in to being UConn fans. Hopefully they have a win under their belts by the time that day comes!

It's fantastic. You get to hear great lines such as:

1) "I like nachunull flag blue!"
2) "How come you don't like Rutgers too much, daddy?"
3) "Oh man...intraception....oh man...."

Teach them young....teach them right... ;)

Reaction Score
osknights
1:32pm via TweetDeck
As fans push to sell out Saturday's game vs UConn, the @orlandosentinel has a video on the gameday experience at UCF Post original url/1eJCZrC

Reaction Score
Who's all in for Orlando? I'll be there. Taking the park and ride shuttle from the Research Parkway. Go Huskies!
Twelve of us from the Bristol area going down Friday coming home Monday. Some golf and UConn football . The away game experience has always been fun, hopefully we pull off a big upset. Greatly looking forward to it.

Reaction Score
Hitting the game with a friend from Orlando. . .the probable stuff hasn't been working out, so maybe improbable will come through with a victory. Intent on having a good time, either way.

Reaction Score
Something to keep in mind and travel around is this game will most likely always be played during the epcot food and wine festival which is excellent.

Reaction Score
Will actually be in Florida on Saturday, but too many other more enjoyable, less frustrating things to do will be competing for the time available. Not like I haven't been pissed off enough already at the direction of this program. And not like there aren't ample opportunities to be pissed off some more at the direction of this program. So as of now . . . its ify. Do I really want to drive up so that I can see the secondary give up a big pass play on the first play of the game? Do I want to see drop balls, sacks and weak tacking? I'll have a chance to see more of it in East Hartford. But who knows maybe Saturday morning will find "hope springing anew". And, there always the risk of being pissed that I missed a big Husky win because I made a bad choice.

TKs

Reaction Score
Driving up fr Delray Beach, beautiful sunny day. Is 23 points our biggest point spread ever? Great day for an upset!

Reaction Score
I can't explain it, but I am looking forward to this game. Will be watching from home. I hope it's a great experience for all making the trip.

Reaction Score
Words can't describe the game.... It's never good when you wonder if the 91 - 0 bullying game is going to be re-enacted on your college team. The second half was low scoring but almost more embarassing. Wanted to hear the post game show, but thanks to IMG and their unrelenting control of the internet broadcasts, I could not.

The stadium experience, however, is high energy, very young crowd compared to UCONN (no knocks, I'm was a Nadzak era UCONN student). Most tailgating I saw was in paved parking lots near stadium. Even if the stadium was half full at kickoff, it lived up to its reputation and shook.

Good crowd/announcer interaction, not as many commercial break games or introductions. Cool audio cues for noise and crowd participation, rather than 20 seconds of Guns 'n Roses that drown out the crowd noise anyway. Band is small and not nearly as good as UCMB. Felt it was disrespectful during the National Anthem to shout "....gave proof throught the KNIGHT" (my age, again...); I know other teams do it as well, it's just not right.

Despite the horrible loss, again disappointed by team not acknowledging fans at the end of the game. I've only seen that for wins; gotta at least raise a helmet to the fans that make it to an away game.

Little things I know. There is a lot more important work and introspection for this team to do. Good luck to them; be ready for Louisville on November 8.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Words can't describe the game.... It's never good when you wonder if the 91 - 0 bullying game is going to be re-enacted on your college team. The second half was low scoring but almost more embarassing. Wanted to hear the post game show, but thanks to IMG and their unrelenting control of the internet broadcasts, I could not.

The stadium experience, however, is high energy, very young crowd compared to UCONN (no knocks, I'm was a Nadzak era UCONN student). Most tailgating I saw was in paved parking lots near stadium. Even if the stadium was half full at kickoff, it lived up to its reputation and shook.

Good crowd/announcer interaction, not as many commercial break games or introductions. Cool audio cues for noise and crowd participation, rather than 20 seconds of "Welcome to the Jungle" that drown out the crowd noise anyway. Band is small and not nearly as good as UCMB. Felt it was disrespectful during the National Anthem to shout "....gave proof throught the KNIGHT" (my age, again...); I know other teams do it as well, it's just not right.

Despite the horrible loss, again disappointed by team not acknowledging fans at the end of the game. I've only seen that for wins; gotta at least raise a helmet to the fans that make it to an away game.

Little things I know. There is a lot more important work and introspection for this team to do. Good luck to them; be ready for Louisville on November 8.

The overall youth of the crowd stood out today when the cameras were panning the crowd. The current students and young alumni should give UCF a nice foundation to build on for the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
Funny we were joking about the bullying too. All i was asking for wa the team to show a pulse. Not even close. Saw a good amount of uconn fans there so that was fun.

Reaction Score
I was impressed/shocked at how many UConn fans I did see there watching on TV. I wasn't one of them, but I was proud of you guys.

Reaction Score
Ucf has a contest where they go through the parking lots and find the dirtiest car and give it a free detail. Wouldnt mind if we stole that idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom