Going to Spain: Dollars to Euros Tips | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Going to Spain: Dollars to Euros Tips

Reaction Score
I always just go to my local bank here in the states and load up the foreign currency I need before my trip.

Reaction Score
Couple buddies and I are going to Spain next week to travel to Madrid and Barcelona. We are visiting friends but that's just a cover to get some serious international recruiting done, like the old days. Anyways, was wondering if the BY had an experience traveling over there and knew the best way to exchange dollars for euros. I've heard many things online and from friends. Most people say to use the ATM over there and withdraw euros. I've also heard to not use the currency exchange at the airport. I have People's bank, so if you have them and have done this before that would be a huge help. Any tips appreciated. Thanks

I will be in Barcelona and Madrid next week as well! Thanks everyone for the tips.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If anyone asks if you want to pay in dollars or the local currency when using a credit card, say local.

Local gets you your credit cards (the actual) exchange rate, dollars gets you whatever rate the merchant is offering.

Reaction Score
My daughter lives in Abu Dhabi. I have been out there to visit twice. Both thus city and Dubai have tons of things to see along with do. Can’t go wrong here. Remember though that the weekend in the UAE are our Friday and Saturday. Make sure that you schedule a brunch at one of the main hotels. It will be a meal that you will not forget. Good luck!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom