Going to my First Game - what are MUST Dos? | The Boneyard

Going to my First Game - what are MUST Dos?

Reaction Score
I haven't been in CT during football season since I was 13 but the time to break that unfortunate occurrence will occur on the 26th when we play Rice.

My mom bought Section 121 tickets so I'm super stoked but am wondering what are MUST DOs on game day to get the full experience at the Rent?

Reaction Score
I haven't been in CT during football season since I was 13 but the time to break that unfortunate occurrence will occur on the 26th when we play Rice.

My mom bought Section 121 tickets so I'm super stoked but am wondering what are MUST DOs on game day to get the full experience at the Rent?
Nice. I was fortunate to sit in Section 121 last week against FAU. Great seats with seatbacks on the 50.

When did you leave CT? Just wondering since it is hard to determine your age range which might help in suggestions.

Reaction Score
Pretty awesome! I am a little jealous right now. I might be the only one, but I love the Rent. I try to attend a UConn football game each season. To me, it is college football so any experience is going to be "Must Do". Being near the student section, chilling with UConn fans, wearing the gear, and eating some food. Just enjoy every inch of the experience.

Reaction Score
Nice. I was fortunate to sit in Section 121 last week against FAU. Great seats with seatbacks on the 50.

When did you leave CT? Just wondering since it is hard to determine your age range which might help in suggestions.
I'm 40 if that helps...so a LONG time ago.

Yeah, we got setbacks too. Super stoked.

Reaction Score

Tailgating
Watch the players get off the bus a couple hours before the game in the blue lot
In your seat by kickoff
Cheer so loud during the game that you still have no voice on Monday Morning

These are some of my recommendations!

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score

Get to the game early and wander around the tailgating in the parking lots. Be outgoing and engage with the various tailgating groups. You will be surprised how hon will invite you to have a bite to eat and talk about UConn. Who knows you might run into someone from your past who you haven’t seen for a while.

Reaction Score
Get to the game early and wander around the tailgating in the parking lots. Be outgoing and engage with the various tailgating groups. You will be surprised how hon will invite you to have a bite to eat and talk about UConn. Who knows you might run into someone from your past who you haven’t seen for a while.
I had a unique experience 15 years ago or so. I was walking around the parking lots with two very good friends. All of us were well beyond college student age. We struck up a conversation with some UConn students who were having a good time. We sat down in a chair, and they proceeded to mix a shot in our mouths.

I miss the days when UConn games were an event at The Rent and many people that I knew attended games.

Reaction Score
I had a unique experience 15 years ago or so. I was walking around the parking lots with two very good friends. All of us were well beyond college student age. We struck up a conversation with some UConn students who were having a good time. We sat down in a chair, and they proceeded to mix a shot in our mouths.

I miss the days when UConn games were an event at The Rent and many people that I knew attended games.
Tailgating is still good at the Rent. A winning team will really give it a boost. I’m feeling really good that we are turning a corner in football and in realignment.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Welcome back and Happy Birthday! No better present than UCONN tickets. Here we go:
  • Arrive early and park as close to the stadium as you can.
  • Set up a tailgate. It doesn't need to be fancy, even a couple of chairs with a cooler and chips. Great way to get in the mood.
  • Watch the Husky Walk when the players get off the bus.
  • Enter early enough to walk the concourse, see the many food and beer offerings, and buy a new UCONN hat.
  • Get ready to respond to the following: PA announcer, "That's another UCONN..." Fans, "FIRST DOWN!"
  • Stand up, yell, and clap/key shake when Rice has 3rd down.
  • Get a beer at half-time by Jasper Howard #6 statue in the concourse by one end zone.
  • Enjoy the band at half time and/or pregame (they are good).
  • Stay until the end of the game.
  • Have one last beer in the parking lot while the traffic leaves (this is a grind).
  • Promise your mom you'll treat her to a game next year.

Reaction Score

congrats YoungFree! enjoy - I have never been to a uconn game before.

Reaction Score
time to break that seal Jetskies. YoungFree inspired me to reach out to my two friends to schedule either the Wake or Rice game.
i lived in CT for 8 years and went to Grad School in hartford. worked in UTC for that whole time, but never was a fan until Covid hit. strange timing, i know.

many good memories in CT, though i'm much happier on the west coast now. One of these years i'll make a special trip back to east hartford.

Reaction Score
It’s an inexpensive ticket for 3+ hours of college football (concession prices, not so much ;)). Make the most of it!

Reaction Score
Eat good and bring booze, get there early and enjoy. Get in your seats a bit before the start and get loud when UConn is on defense, you being will get 10 or so fans to get louder. The rent can be an absolutely rocking when our fans get loud.

Not gonna lie I'm very jealous of you and others that you're going to this game. Enjoy and go UConn.

Reaction Score
Make noise when the other team is at the line of scrimmage, be quiet when UConn is at the line of scrimmage. Do the stuff at commercials that get you on camera.
I'll be with my mom so on camera....thats her thing. Lol

Reaction Score
Welcome back and Happy Birthday! No better present than UCONN tickets. Here we go:
  • Arrive early and park as close to the stadium as you can.
  • Set up a tailgate. It doesn't need to be fancy, even a couple of chairs with a cooler and chips. Great way to get in the mood.
  • Watch the Husky Walk when the players get off the bus.
  • Enter early enough to walk the concourse, see the many food and beer offerings, and buy a new UCONN hat.
  • Get ready to respond to the following: PA announcer, "That's another UCONN..." Fans, "FIRST DOWN!"
  • Stand up, yell, and clap/key shake when Rice has 3rd down.
  • Get a beer at half-time by Jasper Howard #6 statue in the concourse by one end zone.
  • Enjoy the band at half time and/or pregame (they are good).
  • Stay until the end of the game.
  • Have one last beer in the parking lot while the traffic leaves (this is a grind).
  • Promise your mom you'll treat her to a game next year.
Amen. All good recs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom