Going to Michigan game | The Boneyard

Going to Michigan game

Reaction Score
We have our rooms reserved and most plans made. It looks like about a 1.9 mile walk to the stadium from our hotel, but there is a shuttle bus that can pick you up and bring you too the stadium and back to your spot that you were picked up at and it costs $3 round trip, or free if 65 or older. (me). It starts 2 hours before the game. Thing is, we want to tailgate with UConn fans, so we are trying to see what others are planning. Parking would be $50 and up any closer to the stadium than our hotel. Parking on the golf course is $50, but if it rains, there is no parking there, so hard to make a plan not knowing if it will rain or not.
Has anyone made any kind of plans yet for this game? Just so you know, they really jack up the prices on the hotels within a few miles of the stadium and most have minimum 2 night stay, (Fri & Sat) and most are full already, so if you are planning on going, get your trip together soon.

Reaction Score
Parking on the golf course is $50, but if it rains, there is no parking there, so hard to make a plan not knowing if it will rain or not.
With all due respect and honor towards a UConn football fan I submit this tidbit of useless information. :D
This site calls for a nice day on Sept 17th. Just like the game we gotta believe, ............ and always pack rain gear. ;)

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
When UConn played there years ago, the golf course parking was where a lot of the fun tailgates and parties were. Definitely get there at least 3 hours ahead of time as it will take a little while to get into the bowl and you want time to have fun.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
My sister is a UM grad, if she's going out to AA, I'll tag along (she married into big money)

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Park in the lumber yard.
I'm not sure if the lumber yard is still a tailgate spot, the university bought it back in 2019. You might need to buy a pass through the school.

Reaction Score
What are the ticket options? I prefer to sit with other UConn fans.
Are the tickets from UConn good seats? I looked at the ticket site and you can’t tell what you are buying

Reaction Score
Definitely park in lumber yard if possible. We parked our RV there for the weekend so not sure what a one day pass would be. Even if you don’t park there and want to tailgate it’s a great spot with plenty of fun that I’m sure UConn fans would be happy to include you in. Then did the walk to the stadium following Michigan’s marching band which is like walking through a parade. Great spot, great time

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Are the tickets from UConn good seats? I looked at the ticket site and you can’t tell what you are buying
I'm guessing they're the worst seats in the house. Upper deck end zone around Row 100.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My husband and I, our son and his girlfriend will be there. Cant wait!

Reaction Score
I'm guessing they're the worst seats in the house. Upper deck end zone around Row 100.
sat near row 100 at UConn Michigan in 2010. but for a fumble on the Michigan 5, would have been a 7 point game at the end of the 3Q. Final score not reflective. Great venue, experience!

Reaction Score
sat near row 100 at UConn Michigan in 2010.

Yup… UConn seats in 2010. Bucket list item checked.

008.png

Reaction Score
We tailgated in Brown Lot near the Golf Course and it was very active. It's still a trek to the stadium but that's true for most of the tailgating locations. There were lots of loud and proud Husky fans there, all sitting in the end zone area with our blue standing out against the yellow (excuse me, maize!) of everyone else. Our Marching Band played our fight songs during pregame on the field. It was a great atmosphere and a bucket list event, but alas, we lost the game--even though (if you can believe it) we were actually favored! I took this blurry shot off a video I made. I know it looks like a finger painting--lol--but at least it will give you some perspective of where we were in relation to the stadium.
IMG_7027.jpg

Reaction Score
I took a training in Anniston AL for Dept. of Homeland Security and one of the instructors from Michigan said they have sprinklers set up at the entrance/ exits in case of a chemical/ bio attack. Thought that was cool and you got that going for ya.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I took a training in Anniston AL for Dept. of Homeland Security and one of the instructors from Michigan said they have sprinklers set up at the entrance/ exits in case of a chemical/ bio attack. Thought that was cool and you got that going for ya.
Then again, those portals are so narrow that in a panic it's only gonna take one person falling to make it ultimately impassible. You'll die, but at least it will be with a cooling mist.

Reaction Score
Yes because otherwise a few droplets of water will protect you from a chemical or biological attack. :eek::eek:

Reaction Score
We tailgated in Brown Lot near the Golf Course and it was very active. It's still a trek to the stadium but that's true for most of the tailgating locations. There were lots of loud and proud Husky fans there, all sitting in the end zone area with our blue standing out against the yellow (excuse me, maize!) of everyone else. Our Marching Band played our fight songs during pregame on the field. It was a great atmosphere and a bucket list event, but alas, we lost the game--even though (if you can believe it) we were actually favored! I took this blurry shot off a video I made. I know it looks like a finger painting--lol--but at least it will give you some perspective of where we were in relation to the stadium. View attachment 77176
This was my view too. We tailgated in the lumber yard, and I remember walking next to railroad tracks to get to the stadium. It was a fun time, despite the loss. I liked Notre Dame too. Did the campus tour, and of course a great game.

Reaction Score
This was my view too. We tailgated in the lumber yard, and I remember walking next to railroad tracks to get to the stadium. It was a fun time, despite the loss. I liked Notre Dame too. Did the campus tour, and of course a great game.
Same...on both fronts! The Lumber Yard was fun...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Tickets are available on StubHub and other resale sites. I just got 4 in row 22, section 43 for $124 each

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom