Going through the motions. | The Boneyard

Going through the motions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not sure I've ever seen anything quite like that. Louisville was disinterested. UConn wasn't even willing to pretend that they were going to compete.

Down 21-3 in the third quarter UConn punted on 4th and 1. Can you at least attempt to pretend you are trying to win? That you aren't just happy to run out the clock?

Reaction Score
Not sure I've ever seen anything quite like that. Louisville was disinterested. UConn wasn't even willing to pretend that they were going to compete.

Down 21-3 in the third quarter UConn punted on 4th and 1. Can you at least attempt to pretend you are trying to win? That you aren't just happy to run out the clock?

We differ on other things tonight W11 but I totally agree with this one.

Reaction Score
Clearly, this team has the look and feel of the loser, which of course comes from losing this much and this badly. The boys no longer believe they can win, and they play like that. It is going through the motions.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Agree with Whaler. If Louisville wasn't so completely miserable playing in the cold, this game would have been a lot uglier.

Reaction Score

Sure blame the teams, maybe someone was overly pessimistic. You had us losing by eighty. The defense showed up.

Reaction Score
Sure blame the teams, maybe someone was overly pessimistic. You had us losing by eighty. The defense showed up.

got to give you credit, Whaler11. A true fan to the end. Forget the fact they still lost by 3 td's, and looked bad doing it. You give the defense credit for showing up. Oh, while at it, please rearrange the deck chairs, as the ship is going down.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Again you make no sense. UConn's defense was a dozen dropped passes and a dozen penalties by Louisville. Oh and Louisville started melting the clock in the 3rd quarter because the game was over at 21-3 - but you live in an alternate reality anyway

Reaction Score
The defense showed up.

The defense showed up? Where was that? We may have exhibited greater effort and a bit more of a pass rush, but consider that "but for" the most penalties incurred by any UConn opponent ever, and several accurate yet dropped passes by U of L receivers with frozen hands, we were defense---less. It's embarrassing that their receivers were so incredibly wide open in our soft zone. Louisville is good and Bridgwater is talented, but don't misinterpret the fact that we covered the spread into thinking our D played that well.

Reaction Score
got to give you credit, Whaler11. A true fan to the end. Forget the fact they still lost by 3 td's, and looked bad doing it. You give the defense credit for showing up. Oh, while at it, please rearrange the deck chairs, as the ship is going down.
Did u see the crowd. No one on the ship to save. Emabarrasing

Reaction Score
The defense showed up? Where was that? We may have exhibited greater effort and a bit more of a pass rush, but consider that "but for" the most penalties incurred by any UConn opponent ever, and several accurate yet dropped passes by U of L receivers with frozen hands, we were defense---less. It's embarrassing that their receivers were so incredibly wide open in our soft zone. Louisville is good and Bridgwater is talented, but don't misinterpret the fact that we covered the spread into thinking our D played that well.
The defense tackled better, presured bridgewater i think five sacks and intercepted a very accurate passer. Is it their fault the offense three and outs every tine. We have a very sad offense. Geremy davis has position on a cornerback in the endzone and gets picked off from behind. Very very sad.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The defense tackled better, presured bridgewater i think five sacks and intercepted a very accurate passer. Is it their fault the offense three and outs every tine. We have a very sad offense. Geremy davis has position on a cornerback in the endzone and gets picked off from behind. Very very sad.

The defensive effort was better than it's been. The penalties and never ending series of drops made it look a lot better.

Reaction Score
Right now we are he worst combination that ou could possibly have -we're terrible AND boring.

Reaction Score
They tackled horribly, and I don't know where they got five sacks. Maybe when I went to take a leak. The front four doesn't even try any pass rush moves. All attempts at bull rushing play after play. The end to this miserable season is near. The new regime's first job is to restore these kid's mentally into believing they can win, because they clearly look defeated right now before the game starts.

Reaction Score
The team did not give up last night. No way. Visible talent deficit and Louisville's drops kept us in the game but our players did not give up. The punt on fourth and one sent the message that we were not playing to win. I was disgusted with not going for it there. Nothing to lose, everything to gain and Weist spit the bit on that one

Reaction Score
They tackled horribly, and I don't know where they got five sacks. Maybe when I went to take a leak. The front four doesn't even try any pass rush moves. All attempts at bull rushing play after play. The end to this miserable season is near. The new regime's first job is to restore these kid's mentally into believing they can win, because they clearly look defeated right now before the game starts.
The end is not soon enough. Its been a while so when I found my parking pass for last night I realized it said #5 and I said we have 2 more after this one. This $ucks, the attempted finger tackling is atrocious by # 20. As has been printed in the media a lot this week, football is a collision sport. The only collisions I saw last night came by way of the UL DBs unloading on us.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Again you make no sense. UConn's defense was a dozen dropped passes and a dozen penalties by Louisville. Oh and Louisville started melting the clock in the 3rd quarter because the game was over at 21-3 - but you live in an alternate reality anyway
True but half of Louisville's offense was a punt block off a bad snap and a pass that went off two UConn players' hands. The bulk of the other half of their offense was the ridiculous cushions our secondary provided (when we didn't completely lose one of their receivers).

Reaction Score

I thought you flew back to your nest but apparently you were just circling hoping for another bite at the carcass. Taste good?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
True but half of Louisville's offense was a punt block off a bad snap and a pass that went off two UConn players' hands. The bulk of the other half of their offense was the ridiculous cushions our secondary provided (when we didn't completely lose one of their receivers).

Oh Louisville slept walked through that game no doubt. They are really nowhere near as good as their hype.

20th is a generous ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate