Going stern over bow.... | The Boneyard

Going stern over bow....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I posted a video, of the America's Cup, USA Team Oracle crew skippered by James Spithill, that went stern over bow on a 72' catamaran, breaking the mast, and tearing up it's main sail. Happened two days ago in San Francisco bay.

There are a few people around here, that can appreciate - the speed, force that goes into something like that happening. For refernece sakes, a racing yacht, a catamaran that size - has never been flipped stern over bow before.

You have to be involved with some serious wind, some serious surf, and frigging fast, large boat - to push that kind of envelope. They pushed it, and they know the limits of that America's Cup catamaran now.

Well. The UConn football program....in a matter of what? How many months since Jan. 1, 2011? It's now October 19, 2012. THat's what? Hmm....22 months?

Flipped stern over bow - broken mast - and sinking.

S.O.S.

Warde Manuel!

Susan Herst!

S.O.S.

THe Coast Guard was immediately on scene for Team Oracle.

What are we going to do? Who's going to save us? I don't know. I'm upset.

Reaction Score
I am more upset with the first three possessions of this game, than I am the outcome.

Believe it or not.

There is no excuse for coming out and playing like the lame, scared turds we looked like early in this game.

I would not be unhappy, to see underclassmen replacing upperclassmen, playing the rest of the way, this season, on both sides of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom