Going out to watch the Nova game? If so where you going? | The Boneyard

Going out to watch the Nova game? If so where you going?

Reaction Score
Just wondering where folks are going to watch the game, who aren’t going to the game. I want to head somewhere with a good crowd in North Central CT. Not gonna try to deal with downtown traffic to hit a bar.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I'll be at the game. But one time for an NCAA tourney game I went to the Buffalo Wild Wings in Windsor and it was jumping. Some guy was even doing the Big Red after big timeouts.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Blue Dog Sports Bar in Milford MA! With one of my best friends from my UConn days. We live outside Boston and found this "sports bar" in a bowling alley arcade place called Pinz. Have been going there for 15 years or more now, and they actually updated the place a lot over the years and it is pretty nice now. Have seen some huge games there, BET wins, both recent NCs and others. Felt like the mojo required that we return to the Blue Dog tonight.

Reaction Score
The Blue Dog Sports Bar in Milford MA! With one of my best friends from my UConn days. We live outside Boston and found this "sports bar" in a bowling alley arcade place called Pinz. Have been going there for 15 years or more now, and they actually updated the place a lot over the years and it is pretty nice now. Have seen some huge games there, BET wins, both recent NCs and others. Felt like the mojo required that we return to the Blue Dog tonight.

Looks like it's trivia night tonight.

In my neck of the woods, some of the bars do something called quizo, which involves an announcer reading off the questions. If trivia night is the same thing, not sure I'd want to go to watch a game with a friend while they were doing that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Looks like it's trivia night tonight.

In my neck of the woods, some of the bars do something called quizo, which involves an announcer reading off the questions. If trivia night is the same thing, not sure I'd want to go to watch a game with a friend while they were doing that.

Pretty sure it's just on TVs with controllers for trivia. Like at Chilis. But it's Tuesday night, we might be the only people there.

Reaction Score
I'll be at the game. But one time for an NCAA tourney game I went to the Buffalo Wild Wings in Windsor and it was jumping. Some guy was even doing the Big Red after big timeouts.
Pretty sure I was there for that one. Used to go there a lot for UCONN games.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Semi off topic, but what’s the word on that bar Hoops N Hops in Simsbury? I live nearby and I like the sound of it

Reaction Score
Watching at home.

Probably for the best, because people would be concerned for my mental and physical well-being if my mid-game reactions occured in public.
I watched the last uconn v Iowa reg season game with my -then gf. /now wife- at a bar. We had just met and I threw a drunken hissy fit. I feel you. I can't believe she didn't bail. Though she did set a "no uconn games at a bar rule until i get therapy". I've been in therapy ever since.

Reaction Score
For the 2nd day in a row mediacom has been out for hours - going to a neighbor's house who has Direct TV if internet not back on by 8. Figured if I went to a bar I'd probably be surrounded by Nova fans down here in DE. Not many CT people.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Semi off topic, but what’s the word on that bar Hoops N Hops in Simsbury? I live nearby and I like the sound of it
There used to be a country western bar in Simsbury which had a mechanical bull. You could enter if you were over 18 and then rub someone else’s stamp on your own hand to get served. Best bar ever.

Reaction Score
When I lived there 20 years ago (and I believe it’s still the same) it’s really pretty much a locals hang out. Not much of an actual sports bar, considering the name. Cool place, I think they have three or four big tv’s up behind the bar and a couple others in various corners. Not a very big place.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
When I lived there 20 years ago (and I believe it’s still the same) it’s really pretty much a locals hang out. Not much of an actual sports bar, considering the name. Cool place, I think they have three or four big tv’s up behind the bar and a couple others in various corners. Not a very big place.
Thanks for the info, sounds like a place worth checking out

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom