Going forward | The Boneyard

Going forward

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Biggest win of the Hurley era. Lucky to be there to see it en vivo.

We have three games left
@Georgetown
@Creighton
DePaul

If we win those three, no matter what happens at MSG, we will be no worse than a 4 seed.

If we get to the BET Final, we should land a 3 seed. If we win the BET, I believe we will get a 2 seed due to racking up 3 additinal Quad 1 wins to complement with no bad losses.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We showed a lot tonight. Things that bounced wrong too often in close games in the recent past didn't deter them tonight.

I've seen a ton of posts about who we would match up with in the BET; what our seed will be in the dance. With the character, determination and grit that I saw tonight I personally don't care I'll gladly take whatever cards are dealt to us and take our chances. This isn't a perfect team by any means but it will be fun to watch them leave it all on the court against whoever is in our way

Reaction Score
The deflation of the crowd was palpable inside the XL when we were down 4 with half a minute to go and Nova at the FT line. Fans started leaving the arena, the deafening cheers lowered to murmurs, and the BS refs started looking like they were thinking of the most effective exit strategy.

The spell of luck and execution we needed at the end was UNREAL to witness. Missed 1-and-1, HUGE 3, jump ball, crazy Cole lay-in, charge taken. The fact that Villanova had a strong chance to win and spelled the crowd time and time again speaks to their maturity level and culture. It was impressive to watch and we should be seeing them again. But we deserved this win and the crowd wasn't going to let us lose, no matter how bone-headed the refs wanted to be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon
Top Bottom