God I love Uconn FB | The Boneyard

God I love Uconn FB

Reaction Score
Yes it was dismal at halftime, and for the first few series of Q3, but what a ballsy move by HCRE to put in BS. I don;t know what actually changed but the team played better and won.

A win is a win, and I am firmly on the train , although I expect a miracle next week.

Outplayed for maybe 3 quarters doesn't bother me, we sucked it up and won. Did we impress? Probably not, but we won. Why we have games with lower level FBS teams that have a seasoned veteran QB, who picks us apart, is random,but that is NE college football.

Do I feel good about next week (I should be at the game live) perhaps no. But do I feel that we have the right coaches, the ones who can make great decisions - YES!

So lets play the season, knowing that its managed, and hope for surprises. We are due, but to me the most important part is CT starting to love UConn FB. That is what its all about at this stage.

ps hate to say it but if we had lost it would have really taken its toll on me (and other die hard fans too I believe)

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
My NFL team has always been the Patriots. The five Super Bowl wins have been amazing.

My MLB team has always been the Cubs. And the World Series championship last year was beyond incredible.

But nothing beats UConn football when it's competitive in FBS. That's where my passion lies. Beating Syracuse, Pitt, Rutgers, and WV (albeit just once) was all I ever wanted out of spectator sports. Let's hope we're on the path to respectability.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
My NFL team has always been the Patriots. The five Super Bowl wins have been amazing.

My MLB team has always been the Cubs. And the World Series championship last year was beyond incredible.

But nothing beats UConn football when it's competitive in FBS. That's where my passion lies. Beating Syracuse, Pitt, Rutgers, and WV (albeit once) was all I ever wanted out of spectator sports. Let's hope we're on the path to respectability.
You left out the win over ND. Possibly as satisfying a take down ever. I hope we never play ND again so UConn would forever stand unbeaten by that arrogant school.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

But nothing beats UConn football when it's competitive in FBS. That's where my passion lies. Beating Syracuse, Pitt, Rutgers, and WV (albeit just once) was all I ever wanted out of spectator sports. Let's hope we're on the path to respectability.
I am UConn fan. If we're playing, I'm watching. MBB was my favorite, but I have to admit I've come to look forward to the football season. It's going to be a long tough haul back, but at least we'll be making sensible decisions on the sidelines.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
You left out the win over ND. Possibly as satisfying a take down ever. I hope we never play ND again so UConn would forever stand unbeaten by that arrogant school.
I'll gladly play them as part of an ACC conference game should CR winds shift and they go all in on the ACC many years down the road!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom