God don't like Ugly...Hoping for the best... | The Boneyard

God don't like Ugly...Hoping for the best...

Reaction Score
We don't know what we don't know. Certainly there are mix emotions with the way the firing of Ollie and the related justification by the University has gone down. At some point you are going to Reap what you Sow so we will see what happens. Really hoping for the best but like I stated on another post the whole situation smells and it feels really messy and clunky. It's not the ideal situation to be conducting business. It should matter how things get done and integrity with the process should not be negotiable. We all knew this would be difficult but I think a great number under estimated how difficult. Fingers crossed that the AD can thread this needle and close the deal with some level of integrity.

Reaction Score
I can guarantee you this, if we don't land Hurley, it will be more to do with the mess the former head coach left behind than the way the University handled his termination.

Reaction Score
I can guarantee you this, if we don't land Hurley, it will be more to do with the mess the former head coach left behind than the way the University handled his termination.
The mess is no worse than what JC left behind. We'll be fine.

Reaction Score
God doesn't like Ugly...and UConn men's basketball has been arguably the ugliest program in the country the last 2 years.

What happened with Coach Ollie needed to happen....there was no other option. Sadly I can't blame the school...the responsibility for what happened to UConn basketball is on the coach.

In 5 years UConn went from a 4 time National Champion and universally recognized top tier program to a perceived mid-major, significant re-build program. Coach Ollie needs to own that....he is not an innocent victim.

Reaction Score
God doesn't like Ugly...and UConn men's basketball has been arguably the ugliest program in the country the last 2 years.

What happened with Coach Ollie needed to happen....there was no other option. Sadly I can't blame the school...the responsibility for what happened to UConn basketball is on the coach.

In 5 years UConn went from a 4 time National Champion and universally recognized top tier program to a perceived mid-major, significant re-build program. Coach Ollie needs to own that....he is not an innocent victim.
Not about Coach Ollie owning anything. This is simply business. There is a right and wrong way to do these things and related consequences. Ollie did not hire himself. Ollie did not extend his own contract. Calhoun recommended Ollie and the AD supported the recommendation. The AD extended Ollie's contract. This is on the AD ultimately and he is trying to clean this up by threading a needle.

Reaction Score
The mess is no worse than what JC left behind. We'll be fine.
Other than the whole back-back losing records vs a National Championship and an NCAA appearance in their last two seasons respectively and the pieces in place for a National Championship in 24 months. Good post though.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

My opinion is it will be about money and conference overall. I think the family likes the lifestyle on the East Coast for a number of reasons. If they do move out to Pittsburgh, it'll be because they got floored by an offer.

Obviously depends on the level of the violations, but I don't think Danny will be too worried, provided the potential sanctions aren't severe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom