Goals for Tonight | The Boneyard

Goals for Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Besides a convincing team effort for NC #8 this is what I'd like to see.

Caroline takes early control, sets the tone, scores 10+ points, survives her senior year without injury.
Kelly plays shutdown defense, gets her NC.
Heather scores the last two baskets of the game.
Breanna serving further notice of the future, messes up Geno's hair again.
Stef smiling on both ends of the court, 10+ points.
Bria, at least three drives to the basket for easy layups, plus stifling defense.
MoJo gets at least two mid-court steals for easy layups.
Tuck, a stabilizing force inside and out, offense and defense.
KML, five 3-pointers and 20+ points.
Kiah, a couple of smashing blocks and that beautiful smile.
Brianna jumping for joy.

Rosemary Ragle, a boring night.

Team in-bounds the ball without difficulty, less than 15 TO's.
CD doesn't have to drag Geno off the court even once.

How 'bout dat? I don't ask much, right?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
NC #8 and no injuries would be fine for me.

Reaction Score
Obviously the win is most important no matter how we get it, but I really want to see us play to our potential and put the best the women's game has to offer on the court. Geno has been putting a very polished product out there for years when others can only play the bump and grind game. Here's hoping our most polished offensive game and smothering defensive game is on display for the national audience. Also I hope that the refs are not a major part of the game either by restricting the flow of the game or by inconsistent calls favoring either team. Finally I hope that no players get injured on either team so that they can at least play each other straight up with the current roster. I know that favors UCONN but certainly injuries are so depressing when teams make it this far so hopefully both teams can remain at full strength. Go Huskies!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I don't know if he is playing possum but Jeff Walz indicated he thinks that Louisville has to score in the 80s maybe even 90s to try and beat UCONN which means a game of getting out and running. He wants transition 3s knowing that in the half court we will not let many open 3s. If they want to run it may be a wild ride but I don't see us letting L-ville out of the mid 70s or less. I, also, foresee a very gassed Cardinals team late in each half as their bnech is even shorter than ours.

Reaction Score
Obviously the win is most important no matter how we get it, but I really want to see us play to our potential and put the best the women's game has to offer on the court. Geno has been putting a very polished product out there for years when others can only play the bump and grind game. Here's hoping our most polished offensive game and smothering defensive game is on display for the national audience. Also I hope that the refs are not a major part of the game either by restricting the flow of the game or by inconsistent calls favoring either team. Finally I hope that no players get injured on either team so that they can at least play each other straight up with the current roster. I know that favors UCONN but certainly injuries are so depressing when teams make it this far so hopefully both teams can remain at full strength. Go Huskies!!
I think your post was spot on great. A well played, well coached and well officiated game with everyone okay healthwise at the end.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Goals tonight? Score at least 1 more point than L'ville! ;)

Obviously I'd prefer a comfortable margin as that will be better for my sanity, but winning #8 would be so awesome!!!

Reaction Score
Play Uconn Basketball and the score will take care of itself.

Reaction Score
I'd settle for less than 7 turnovers for Dolson and not picking her own guy on defense. Also nice if LV not having much of a lead when Doty subbed out. Hartley has less than 3 walking calls and 2 or less plays where she gets stripped leading to breakaway layups. If those things happen Uconn wins by 30.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'd settle for less than 7 turnovers for Dolson and not picking her own guy on defense. Also nice if LV not having much of a lead when Doty subbed out. Hartley has less than 3 walking calls and 2 or less plays where she gets stripped leading to breakaway layups. If those things happen Uconn wins by 30.
How many times this year has an opponent had any lead let alone a big lead when Doty was subbed out at the beginning of the game? Dolson has had what two games with more than 5 TOs and only 56 in 38 games? Get connected to what is, actually, going on.

Reaction Score
I just thought of one more.

Three top recruits watch the game and immediately commit to UCONN - yes!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Goals? for tonight? Simple: Put the ball in the hole more times that Louisville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom