go HEATHER | The Boneyard

go HEATHER

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There were about 5 minutes where Heather determined the outcome of every possession on both ends of the court - a rebound & putback, a steal, another rebound, a block and a shot from the FT line. I hope she can keep it up. Heather doesn't have to be a superstar, just do all the little stuff on the court that makes her too valuable to pull.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
2-2 FGs
2-2 FTs
6 rebounds
1 block
1 steal
0 TOs

Nice! H-E-A-T-H-E-R!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There were about 5 minutes where Heather determined the outcome of every possession on both ends of the court - a rebound & putback, a steal, another rebound, a block and a shot from the FT line. I hope she can keep it up. Heather doesn't have to be a superstar, just do all the little stuff on the court that makes her too valuable to pull.
As Geno said, just do the things she does well.

I think one of her FGs was from near the foul line.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

That shot was a beautiful thing! Strong, confident move - great shot in rhythm. Loved that.

Reaction Score
I pray she keeps it up. The poor kid has struggled so hard so long.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score

I also noticed a difference in synchronicity. Unlike her play in some of her games of the past where she seemed to be playing behind the game, in today's game she was very much "in sync" with the flow of the game.... Nice, very nice.... It does this ol' heart good to see Heather play and succeed.

Your Ol' Pal Boo

Reaction Score
I also noticed a difference in synchronicity. Unlike her play in some of her games of the past where she seemed to be playing behind the game, in today's game she was very much "in sync" with the flow of the game.... Nice, very nice.... It does this ol' heart good to see Heather play and succeed.

Your Ol' Pal Boo
I agree! I watched the game - Hoop Streams. I clapped :cool: when she scored from around the FT line, and when she nailed her free throws, and when she went up and strong to score near the basket!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
obviously i didn't see the game, but the radio announcers were also "applauding" Heather's play talking about how strong and confident she was - especially when she didn't hesitate to put up the foul line jumper. if Heather can average 6 points, 6 rebounds and a steal and block in 14 minutes this season, i think everyone will be thrilled. as Nan said, she doesn't have to be a superstar, but numbers like that will be huge. add to that the fact that i believe Kiah will be solid this year as she grows into her role, and is Milford said, as Michala gets her sea legs this year, watch out next year.

Reaction Score
obviously i didn't see the game, but the radio announcers were also "applauding" Heather's play talking about how strong and confident she was - especially when she didn't hesitate to pout up the foul line jumper. if Heather can average 6 points, 6 rebounds and a steal and block in 14 minutes this season, i think everyone will be thrilled. as Nan said, she doesn't have to be a superstar, but numbers like that will be huge. add to that the fact that i believe Kiah will be solid this year as she grows into her role, and is Milford said, as Michala gets her sea legs this year, watch out next year.

How many more times do we play Holy Cross this year? Pacific is next and then Stanford, why dont you wait until after the Stanford game before you wish that Heather can avg 6pts and 6 rebs. One game against an opponent that was beaten by 40 pts and Heathers expectations have risen. She had a nice game today, let it go at that.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
She had a nice game today, let it go at that.
Why should fans give up on her? Some, including me, were happy with Heather's more aggressive attitude. It's new and a source of hope for those of us who wish she'll do well.

Reaction Score
How many more times do we play Holy Cross this year? Pacific is next and then Stanford, why dont you wait until after the Stanford game before you wish that Heather can avg 6pts and 6 rebs. One game against an opponent that was beaten by 40 pts and Heathers expectations have risen. She had a nice game today, let it go at that.
Thank you for the lecture :rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Per Geno from the post-game presser:

What did you think about Heather Buck's performance?

"Well, the last week or two in practice we've talked to Heather about, `what are you good at? What are things that you can add?' Heather Buck can't score in the lane. It's just a fact. She struggles in the lane. She struggles against players that are really physical with her and I think that saps her confidence and energy level. But, she can make 15-footers and she can go after the ball when it goes off the rim. So, we've talked a lot about, `do the things you're good at and staying away from the things you're not.' Today was kind of a perfect example of that. She chases down every ball. She made a 15-footer. She made her free throws. If she can give us that every game, I think that's a great contribution. That's a lot more than you can say of where she was last year, where she didn't know what she was going to be able to do. So, I think it's a confidence builder for her to know, this is what I can do and I'm going to do it."

Reaction Score
Yo, Grinch! I was wondering where you went.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It was a great game for her. Hope she continues.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
well i see you already got blasted so no need for me to add on. but i will say i don't get your negativity. are you annoyed i pointed out heather's stats? at the way i phrased my post?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

Not only will I not let it go Bubba, I will hold onto it like a dog with a bone.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That's the thing about wishing, it is something hoped for. It is not necessarily a present reality. There are no limits on wishing and dreaming. Great thing about them is that wishes sometimes come true. Never take away wishes or dreams they can motivate one and carry one forward. Heather needs dreams and we can wish for her. Time will tell what happens.

Big thing is that for two games in a row Heather has worked hard to exert herself on the court in numerous ways. One thing about coming down with a rebound and not going back up weakly, but rather controlling it and getting it back out is that it is not a turnover and it still gives the team another possession.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I love Heather's game yesterday. Like Geno has said, she may not score much inside against good defenders but we will need her size and strength against some really good teams. She is a physical specimen for a 6'4" female and can be a good defensive insurance policy against larger posts.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She struggles against players that are really physical with her and I think that saps her confidence and energy level.

I find it odd that she would have trouble with a physical game. She looks like she has a pretty strong powerful build. It seems like that's were she would excel???

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I find it odd that she would have trouble with a physical game. She looks like she has a pretty strong powerful build. It seems like that's were she would excel???
Svet never liked defenders to be physical with her, either.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Yes, it is odd. Maybe it's because she has not had a chance to develop it. In her weak HS league she never played against anyone remotely her size, and she's had little opportunity at UConn to play, and when she does play she does not try to score inside very much.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes, it is odd. Maybe it's because she has not had a chance to develop it. In her weak HS league she never played against anyone remotely her size, and she's had little opportunity at UConn to play, and when she does play she does not try to score inside very much.
Heather played AAU with the RI Breakers and her coach took the team to national events. She should have been exposed to some of the better players at some point in her high school career and certainly when practicing against Tina and the male practice players in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom