Go Hartford and Fairfield! | The Boneyard

Go Hartford and Fairfield!

Reaction Score
We all bleed Husky blue, but try to take a break and cheer for our in-state teams. Enjoy the simple Rockwellian pleasure of March basketball and underdog kids leaving everything on the floor. Or at least cheer for Pitino to get disemboweled by Stag antlers.

Reaction Score
Hartford up 5 at the half. I like their chances better than Fairfield. It just seems like its fate for Pitino to make the NCAA Tournament, and for there to be a love affair (no pun intended) with him across college basketball to rebuild his reputation.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
After the APR garbage in 2012, that whole school can slide into a volcano.
Thank you. The only reason I didn't add to my comment is because I couldn't think of anything that didn't have an f-bomb.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
My alma mater is going to bend Pitino over. Or he’ll bend us over, one or the other.

Reaction Score
Looks like Fairfield is done. How were they a higher seed in this tourney than Iona? Was it the games Iona missed from COVID?

#9 Iona 11-5 (6-3)
#7 Fairfield 10-16 (7-11)

:confused:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think their president was leader of the APR thing or was talking UConn during it
The NCAA was looking for a local president to take up the anti-UConn press campaign. UHar stepped right up and destroyed UConn in the press at every opportunity. When UConn got the APR score back he said, "[UConn] should be very proud of their achievements. Everybody from the president to the players has embraced the importance of academics and we applaud them for that." In other words, UConn didn't embrace academics until he got ahold of them. Screw him.

The guy thought he had a lucrative do-nothing future with the NCAA. But nobody likes a rat, not even a rat. Emmert fired the whore once the dirty work was over. I don't want to hear it was just that one guy, UHar was good with the slander. It went on for years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom