OT: - Go Get Your Money | The Boneyard

OT: Go Get Your Money

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Literally everyone in my family except me is on this list.

My dead grandparents are on this list

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I have $300 stuck - they want me to "prove" I lived in a residence that my (now deceased) father owned 20 years ago that I never did, I was in college and hadn't lived with my father at that point in like 5 years. They are dividends to stock I currently own... I need to call them and see if they can let me show the certificates or something, I dunno. Would be nice to have.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I have $300 stuck - they want me to "prove" I lived in a residence that my (now deceased) father owned 20 years ago that I never did, I was in college and hadn't lived with my father at that point in like 5 years. They are dividends to stock I currently own... I need to call them and see if they can let me show the certificates or something, I dunno. Would be nice to have.

'google your name and that residence. You'll find several references. Doubtful, but maybe they'll take that.

It's odd they require proof you lived there. A lot of my unclaimed money was from previous residences. They only asked for a copy of my license.

For the mass database, to prove you are the person you need to answer several multiple choice questions. Which of the addresses have you lived at. Which of the following cars have you owned. Banks where you hold a mortgage.

Kinda scary they have all that info.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nada for me. I checked my wife, my folks, my in-laws, my siblings and came up with nothing for any of them.

It was a very scratch off lottery ticket like experience for me.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Mine says I have 1 claim under $100. How did you get the actual figures? Thanks.
There’s the option to put in more of your info, besides just your name. Social, address, phone number, etc. Find your name and click “claim.”It will then show you how much exactly you are owed and where it’s from and the year. Mine was from Quest Diagnostics. I must have been overcharged $37 by them when I broke my arm in 2019.

Reaction Score
I had $27 in my Mom's estate. Had to supply death cert, other forms, & get it notarized. Not worth the effort. But appreciate the link!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
'google your name and that residence. You'll find several references. Doubtful, but maybe they'll take that.

It's odd they require proof you lived there. A lot of my unclaimed money was from previous residences. They only asked for a copy of my license.

For the mass database, to prove you are the person you need to answer several multiple choice questions. Which of the addresses have you lived at. Which of the following cars have you owned. Banks where you hold a mortgage.

Kinda scary they have all that info.
All of our info is out there somewhere.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
$12.54 coming my way. A little less than I expected for my six claims under $100.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Mine says I have 1 claim under $100. How did you get the actual figures? Thanks.
File the claim.

I didn't find out that I have $302 and change ($307 minus the $5 notary charge) until I got the claim confirmation.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
This makes me think these companies and corporations are robbing us blind. I mean, I always knew they were, but this proves it. How much of our money has slipped through the cracks?

Reaction Score
My conversation with everyone I mentioned this to this morning...

Me: you guys should check out these unclaimed property websites and see if you've got free money coming back to you
Them: sounds like a scam
Me: no it looks legit
Them: that's exactly what a hacker would say
Me: ...touche

Husky25

Reaction Score
This makes me think these companies and corporations are robbing us blind. I mean, I always knew they were, but this proves it. How much of our money has slipped through the cracks?
They are "obligated" to escheat unclaimed property to the State. For larger Inc.'s and Corps. the process is performed by Accounting and governed by internal audit operations.

On the other hand, while the State will turn over the principal to their rightful owner, they keep the investment income earned thereon.

Husky25

Reaction Score
My conversation with everyone I mentioned this to this morning...

Me: you guys should check out these unclaimed property websites and see if you've got free money coming back to you
Them: sounds like a scam
Me: no it looks legit
Them: that's exactly what a hacker would say
Me: ...touche
Reasonable skepticism is certainly warranted, but if you tell them to go through the State website, it sends you to the same CTBigList website.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom