GM Appears To Cast Doubt on Kelly Selection by Sun | The Boneyard

GM Appears To Cast Doubt on Kelly Selection by Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Did people notice the comment by Chris Sienko, Sun GM, to John Altavilla in this morning's Courant:

"Our job is not to procure UConn players. IT's to do what's best for our team. If Kelly appears to be a replication of a player already on our roster, it may not be in our best interest to take her."

I can understand his point. Kelly's game, and her strengths and limitations, are nearly identical to those of Kalana Greene and Alison Hightower, who are both already on the Sun roster. It's doubtful that the Sun would benefit from having three identical players.

I'll be surprised if Kelly is available at the 11th pick anyway.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I think it was wise to say this so as not to build false hopes for the fans. It really wouldn't make sense. Does anyone have a full list of the ideas about the picks and their order...I can't find this anywhere. I'm so sick of the 3 to freaking see.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
ESPN has a mock draft with 4 of its pundits picking the entire first round. Three of the 4 pundits have Kelly going to the Sun at #11; one has her going to the Liberty at #7. DishnSwish also referenced a mock draft of his own in his postings on the Boneyard; that one had Kelly going to the Liberty at #5.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I can understand the Sun's comments. I will be curious what their team looks like this year. Don't they get that foreign kid - (Dabo?). Will she be eligible to play this year? Or i should say, will she be showing up this year? We already know Cambage is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom