OT: - Glue | The Boneyard

OT: Glue

Reaction Score
So, many fans everywhere seemed to be enamored with statistics and highlight reels. I am not, I look at teams, and players, almost solely from an overall team performance and contributions to that performance. I offer as data to my premise a player on the Phoenix Suns, arguably the best coached and most “team oriented” entity in the NBA, also maybe the best team in the league. I fully realize and acknowledge this is a case by case discussion, potentially a highly apples to oranges discussion and one example proves nothing; this is offered for those discussion purposes for those interested only.
The player is Mikal Bridges. Statistically (all based on averages per game), he is 4th on the team in scoring, 7th in rebounding, 5th in assists, 2nd in steals, 4th in blocks, 6th in fewest TO’s. Fine all around stats but none that jump out at you.
What he does lead the team in is minutes played. More than Devin Booker, more than Chris Paul, more than Deandre Ayton, the trio considered the “stars” in a star driven league. I don’t watch them enough to even have an opinion as to why but I have to assume he makes the TEAM better, stats be damned.
I am not relating this thread to Uconn directly at all which is why I labeled it as OT; as I said, only as a general basketball discussion for any who might be interested.

Reaction Score
Mikal guards the other teams best player(s) and makes them take difficult shots. He’s lanky! It’s no different than what he did in college as a two time NCAA champion. He was coached by one of the best in college basketball so he knows his role.

Reaction Score
Mikal guards the other teams best player(s) and makes them take difficult shots. He’s lanky! It’s no different than what he did in college as a two time NCAA champion. He was coached by one of the best in college basketball so he knows his role.
Agree, and is playing for a coach that greatly values that contribution over offensive stats.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom